“Most UNCOMFORTABLE Night EVER Spent ANYWHERE”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Connecticut
“Most UNCOMFORTABLE Night EVER Spent ANYWHERE”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were shooting a popular TV show and wanted to stay close to the studio and close enough to NYC which is why we pick a name brand hotel - La Qunita Inn. The hotel is a bit run down but the worst parts were the DIRTY sheets & pillow cases. The closet thing (not a real closet) was dusty. The lone chair in the room was stained and just gross...the history of it must have been long and really yucky. The bathroom appeared to be in a state of bad repair - or the cheapest remodel ever whereas time was not taken to tidy up behind the visible pipes and stuff there were never dusted in the sink area. The tub is beyond cleaning. I felt like we were staying at a place where someone lived for a long time but did not take care of the room/property at all. The area where you can pick up something to eat "the café"...was super dark and dingy...we did not eat or drink anything there. To state that checking out was a relief and we never looked back is an understatement. All La Qunita's must be like this because when we almost stayed at one in Montgomery, Alabama...it was so gross we did not even check in we go in our vehicle after driving straight there in 26 hours and scouted out an alternative location that cost the same but was a new property and clean. We summed up our stay in Stamford with one word - eeeeewwwww! One thing I must add - Tiffany was very polite, professional and apologized when we immediately complained and she attempted to find us clean sheets but there were NONE LEFT!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2013

No hassle booking and room process, great place to spend the night. Would be nice to have a DVD player for the tv and a small fridge in the room, besides that it was a comfortable stay. I would recommend La Quinta to anybody, anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Topsham
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times before taking the train into NYC from the Stamford Station, and it seems to keep losing ground as far as the physical condition of the hotel. First let me say the staff was very polite, but the people hanging around the lobby who were friends of the working staff made me feel like I was staying at a transient hotel. The lobby and the hall leading to the elevators were dingy and worn. The room was a let down, as the carpet was stained and the wall paper and paint were peeling off in both the main room and bathroom. After traveling for a month, the fitness center was the poorest of all the hotels we stayed in. In the morning they were understaffed as we tried to leave, and even though there was a sign at the desk saying they were helping in the breakfast room, there was nobody in the breakfast room so we had to wait quite a while for the front desk person to show up ( it was 7am, prime check out time I would say) As I said, I have stayed here now 5 times and each time is worse than the first.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here three weeks in a row and I must say, it was a great place to stay! First off, Steve at the desk was very helpful and made sure I was on the "non highway side" of the hotel and for NO extra charge. He helped me out with where to shop and eat. Great service, Steve. And the housekeeping staff went way beyond the call of duty for those of us who had to work in the rooms during thunderstorms! They too matter into their own hands and everything was great. The room was clean and neat after they came through, always smiling and helpful. The restaurant attached to the hotel was a plus. Even though a bit pricey, was still convenient and tasty. Give these folks a try and stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for the non-highway side of the hotel. It may be $25 more, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KJW59
city island, new york
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This La Quinta shouldn't be listed as a place to stay for tourists. It's a joke that they put NYC in the title of the hotel--It's in another state CT and another city Stamford, which is about 40 miles away from NYC--by car, with no traffic, it would take at least 1.5hrs. As for the hotel, it's really a place for people that have been displaced. I was the only person there that was a tourist. The hallways have a stench in them covered in perfume and the rugs desperately needs to be replaced. I had to look at 4 rooms before I found one clean enough and with no broken items to stay in. I was originally going to stay 1 week. I cut it down to 1 day. The so called breakfast was another joke--the plates were styrofoam and the forks/spoons/knives were in those little plastic bags --the coffee was horrible and they only used powdered milk--the other 'residents' brought in their own breakfast--they offered mini packaged muffins/toast and waffles with some apples--the only thing good about the room was the bed, which I guess is one of the most important things, it was new and comfy--they also had a new flatscreen tv--the shower looked old and acted the same way---you could hear all the live in families through the walls and in the hallway---one other good point of was they allowed dogs--the staff was nice and they did have a pool but it wasn't inviting --there's a connected dinner but I didn't go in there. Don't even consider staying here--it's not a place for tourists

Room Tip: I stayed in room 103 after looking at 3 other rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We decided to stop east of NYC to break up a 10 hour drive with a child and a dog. The dog part really cuts your options, and the kid really loves a pool. This hotel takes dogs and has an indoor pool, and I am a La Quinta rewards member, so I booked it before we left our prior digs that morning. It was $89.00 with an AAA discount. When we arrived, there were over 30 Penske moving trucks in the parking lot, and three police cruisers at the curb. I went to check in and asked the clerk first if there was a problem regarding the police. She said there had been a suicide threat called in, but that it could have come from a passing motorist's cell phone. The police were just leaving. We chanced it. I am familiar with Stamford, so didn't expect much. There were some characters about, but I had a 95 pound dog. The halls were dirty, but the room clean. We had #115 on the highway side and didn't hear noise. Note: there is a slope, so the first floor is actually up quite a few stairs, and doesn't have a walk-out. Upper floors have balconies. Cable channels are limited to about 15. We stayed one night, used the clean pool and surprisingly good "health club." It has 3 new machines that look untouched. Breakfast was the usual La Quinta good hot breakfast with fresh waffles, etc.. No drama, no problems other than my key card kept resetting and I had to get 3 new ones. The night clerk was helpful, the "security" guard was always texting. The next priced hotel in the area was more than double. This isn't a vacation spot, but it has free wifi and in our case a clean, comfortable room.

Room Tip: If you worry about highway noise ask for the parking lot side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ParistoCapeCod
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When we got onto our floor there was cigarettes all over the floor. Once we got into our room our shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the hotel opened. The baseboard was missing part of it, and behind our sofa there was so much trash it was unreal! On top of the mess we were staying in we came back to find that one of the maids had stolen my Vera Bradley tumbler, I was not happy at all about that! And they will be paying me for my tumbler if it is not returned. Stay away from here!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel but this one!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!