“Average is a good description- nothing special or bad”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Escanaba, Michigan
“Average is a good description- nothing special or bad”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Two week road trip and 15 nights in motels. This one fell right in the middle of the pack. We were looking for a place just outside NYC so we could scoot around the city the next morning to Liberty State Park in NJ to catch the Statue of Lib. Conveniently located just off I-95 e-z on and e-z off. On site City Limits restaurant was good.

Light in desk lamp was burned out and desk gave me a replacement. When clerk said I should have just called down, I told her the phone had no dial tone either. Room was large and clean. Had to go up a few stairs to reach the elevators, which was a pain. Nice to have a printer with the computer in the lobby area. Basic continental breakfast- no extras we are coming to expect.

Decent AARP price, decent room, convenient location. Met all our needs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank upbeancounter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
USA
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We needed to find a hotel that accepted dogs and they did, no questions asked or extra fees. The rooms are very basic, no refrigerator and in need of minor repairs, but they were clean and met our needs. Staff was cooperative and the continental breakfast was quite nice. My wife tried the pool and said that it was extremely cold.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henry B
stockton, ks
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were traveling as a late honeymoon/birthday gift for my wife. This is the first Trip to the east coast. After reading the reviews i was concerned but we stayed anyways. The staff was great, the called taxis told us how to get places, where was safe ect. all the people we dealt with were American and speak, English. the room was clean, and comfortable. the trip into NYC took about an hour and the cab fair was about 10 bucks with tip to the train station. i would stay here anytime i came to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bryantar
away
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have had only terrible experiences with this chain-dating back to the 1980s when patients at a hospital I worked for were housed there. They were pits then and they apparently are pits now. The one is Stamford is not only in terrible area but the rooms have no potential to ever be ok. They are like tiny concrete cells! The pictures make the place look a whole lot better than it is. My big mistake was to try the new "top Secret" Travelyouknowwhatcity. They give you a list of prices with number of "happy" faces (ratings) and stars but no name. You can choose the price, stars ,#happy faces. I looked at the list of hotels on another of their pages and saw La Quinta. So, for the "Top Secret" solection I went with a different number of stars and faces than was lissted for the LaQuint as I know anything would be better. But guess what I got. And, when we got there other unhappy Travelyouknowwhatcity customers would plentiful. Unless you have a housing voucher from the government and can only stay there, I would recommend any where else. it is not worse than a box under a bridge so if that is your alternative, stay here. If you can pay over $50/night you can do better. And, it turned out that the price I pd to Travelyouknowwhatcity is only about 5-10 less than the walk in price. With the walk in you can walk out--or, if you have to, choose the type of room and beds you need. We spent hours on the phone with Travelyouknowwhatcity-speaking to people in India, and it ruined our trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank 24060

Travelers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The hotel needs updating. When we arrived in our room, we found one of the desk lightbulbs missing. When I called the front desk (at 9pm on Friday night), I was told to come to the front desk to get the replacement bulb. Not good customer service. Customer service was made up the next day when the internet in the lobby was down and the front desk person came to my rescue! The pool was a perfect size and has good hours. Breakfast was the usual that is served at La Quinta. There are nicer hotels in the Stamford area with higher room costs and fee for parking. We traded the old looking hotel with free breakfast and free parking for a nicer room elsewhere with higher costs. Location is suburb - off of 95.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimmy0999
Danvers, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Front desk help went above and beyond to meet our request. The woman taking care of the breakfast buffet and even the gentleman cleaning the elevators were extremely friendly. About 1 mile from the Metro North train station. We stayed here to go to NYC for family vacation / fun. Travel back and forth was very easy. We will stay here again when we travel to NYC because the cost is very reasonable and the Metro takes you right into Grand Central Station, NYC in about 50 minutes. Bob , Danvers MA

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank flybycar
Boston
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn for a friend's wedding. I was welcomed to the hotel by a friendly staff member behind the desk, who helped me check in quickly and answered my questions.

The room was small, but functional. It was generally clean, except for a stray spider in the shower. Lighting could have been a little brighter, but otherwise, the room served my needs as a reasonably priced place to get ready for he exciting events and crash thereafter.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank SwordPrefect
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Amsterdam Hotel
Amsterdam Hotel
#8 of 14 in Stamford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!