“Amsterdam Exceeded!”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amsterdam Exceeded!”
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I had arrived fairly late to check in, almost around 10PM but the front desk clerk was kind and gave me a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room (which normally sells for almost #300), which was a kind gesture since I was only paying (#110). The room was HUGE and although it overlooked the Taco Bell across the street, I reminded myself that I was not paying full rate. I think I would have been upset if I had. This hotel was also going through what seemed to be some repainting and perhaps remodelling. All the staff were kind, including the houskeeper who came by. I even got a late check out which helped since I had arrived late and gave me time to relax in the room. Although the hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast & internet I did not take full advantage of either however I would, if I were in the neighborhood again.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 16, 2006

We enjoyed our stay over New Year's at the hotel very much. Our room was clean and neat, and the housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful and eager to answer questions and fulfill requests. The front desk staff was helpful and acted very promptly on a medical emergency we had while we were there. We liked our room...very nice, with a good view of the water. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2005
Rochester, NY
Reviewed October 25, 2005

I agree with the gentleman from the UK. The Amsterdam Hotel is priced lower than other hotels in Stamford, so if you're looking for an affordable place, this is it. The lobby is nicely decorated and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is a cramped room and in addition to the aforementioned Dunkin Donuts, there was cold cereal and coffee. The rooms are clean, although the deocrations and lighting is a bit outdated. My room had a fridge and microwave. Although you can't walk into downtown like if you stayed at the Courtyard, its in a fine area with free parking.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank CateRochester_NY
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2005

We stayed 1 nt at the Rodeway Inn in Stamford (April 2005) and were pleasantly surprised with the Hotel. We chose it as it was a good price for a central Stamford Hotel, everywhere else was twice the price.

The internet pics and description really didnt do it justice. The room was a very good size, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very good and modern. The reception was nice and bright and right near the outdoor carpark which was handy. The staff were very friendly too.

The hotel also served breakfast included! Hot coffee, cereal, juice and Dunkin Donuts! This is generous given that not many other hotels do this.

The hotel is a bit tired looking, old lift and old looking fittings but it didnt detract from a good value stay.

Note: If you are driving from the East on the Interstate you will see it to your right as you approach Stamford, get off the next junction and do a few rights, its easy.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member