All reviews taco bell next door breakfast included alarm clock into nyc metro north station downtown stamford rooms are clean microwave parking fixtures drawers connecticut
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I was there on a business trip and the Amsterdam hotel proved the right choice.

The front desk was very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good.

A really nice stay. Recommended and will go back if I am there again.

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed May 12, 2016

This hotel offers great value, which is important to me in this day and age. The only negative, if that is what this really is, was that the hotel décor is a bit dated. However, the room was clean, the bed was nice and the TV and channel options were great! Also, the continental breakfast is a nice touch.

Date of stay: April 2016
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time with your review and we appreciate and take on board all your comments.
We are currently upgrading many parts of the hotel which we are sure you will appreciate next time you stay with us.

Hotel Management

Reviewed May 6, 2016

We are repeat customers now for a number of years. It is conveniently located, close to the train station and the downtown area. The staff is always very oourteous. It suits us perfectly. However the breakfast is only OK.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank timothyayi

Dear Timothy
We are sorry that we fell a bit short on the breakfast, but we appreciate the feed back as we are always trying to improve our guest services and we will look at the breakfast.
Thanks again.
The Hotel Management

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

Due to a last minute change with a work location, my husband and I stayed here last night. For the price, I was skeptical, but I wasn't let down! This hotel is nothing fancy, but you're not paying fancy prices!! Our room was clean, check in was quick and painless, free parking, there is a small continental breakfast offered, and it's a ten minute walk to the train station. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank ChooChooTina
Reviewed May 5, 2016

My family and I were making the move from Baltimore to Boston late last summer, and booked a night at Amsterdam Hotel. The building itself, an aging former office building, gave me pause when we pulled up. I opted to go inside to check the hotel and room before taking my wife and 1-year-old in. The lobby stunk of mildew and chemical cleaners. The room had the same smell with the additional benefit of smoke stuck in the walls. The bedspread had a plainly-visible stain. I elected not to bring my family in, and told the guy at the front desk that I was no longer interested in keeping my reservation, returned the keys, and left. Fortunately this wasn't much of an issue, and we just continued to drive through to Boston.

Further, I've somehow wound up on their email list, and despite repeatedly clicking the "Unsubscribe" link, I continue to receive their emails. The last one asked me to come to Trip Advisor to rate them. Here I am.

Room tip: Try a different hotel.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jalvani

Dear Sir
We are so sorry you had a poor experience at our hotel and I assure you that is certainly an exception. We appreciate you taking the time to point these shortcoming out but I assure you these shortcomings were address some time ago.. We also apologize for you presence on the email list and will take steps to have it removed.
Regards