$200
Book now, pay at stay
$188
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
$128
$118
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Stamford Suites(Stamford)(Great Value!)
$159
$159
$149
Priceline
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
$117
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$184
$166
  • Pool
All reviewsbit datedfree parkingjuice and coffeecomfy bednice breakfastwalking distancefresh fruitcarbsmicrowavechannelsprintermall
Reviewed April 5, 2016

I stay in Stamford for work quite often. I pay for rooms myself, so rate is important. I have stayed at nearly every hotel in town in the last 8 years, the Amsterdam has been my exclusive place for the last 3 years.
The rooms are spotless. Always. Parking is very convenient and free. If you have stayed at the Hilton, the Hyatt, or the Plaza here it can be a hike from the lot, and they charge for parking. Free internet and cable that is far superior to the others in town with actual HD and local sports networks such as MSG, YES and SNY.
In room coffee that is quite good, microwave and fridge.
Is the decor dated? Yes. The cleanliness, really nice towels and the friendly and helpful staff more than make up for it. Included continental breakfast is ok, nothing fancy.
The location is convenient to downtown Stamford and close to train station. The surrounding neighborhood has improved in the 8 years I've worked here. I feel very safe staying here.

Room Tip: I can see the Long Island Sound from south facing room on fifth floor.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob A
DRGray-Amsterdam, Director of Sales at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2016

Dear Rob
Thank you very much for your glowing review of our hotel. We are delighted you are so pleased with our facilities and we look forward to accommodating you for many more stays in the future.
D R Gray
Sales & Marketing

Reviewed February 17, 2016

The hotel it self looks like its in a bad area in one direction, but then a few blocks away a very upscale nice area. the hotel was very clean, and comfortable it was quite and again just a few blocks from main street with great shopping, restaurants and great little bars. and the price was very good. we would stay here again with out hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Dear
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on our hotel, we certainly appreciate it. We are also very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you coming again. When you do, please let me know and we will see if we can make your stay even better.

Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

This is an okay hotel. We stayed here over the summer when our power got knocked out due to a large storm. The rooms where okay and need to be updated, exercise room outdated, breakfast room chairs old, ceiling old, and the parking garage next door was old rusty and need to be painted. The outside of this hotel should be redone as well because it's old and overall this whole hotel needs a major facelift. It's an okay hotel but needs some improvements.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2015

Dear Kelly
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and have certainly noted your comments. But we wish to inform you that the hotel is currently undergoing an upgrade to our facilities which will address all the items you mentioned. We sincerely hope you will visit us again (although under better circumstances for yourself) and if so, please contact me personally as I am sure we can do something to make your next stay very enjoyable.
Marketing Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

I am writing this from my room on floor five in the hotel. I decided on this hotel based on price and location. I checked in on a Friday night around 5:30 using one of the hotel discount apps. Coupon was pleasantly accepted and I was checked in in about five minutes. There are probably ten rooms occupied so it's really quiet. Hotel is older but in nice shape---lobby area and floors are clean with new carpeting. Room is clean as well with cable, small flat screen tv,refrigerator,microwave and coffee maker,alarm clock and in my case a queen sized bed(in nice shape with comfy pillows).
I had a really quiet night sleeping (which I needed)---no doors slamming--nothing.
The morning breakfast was GREAT. It's in a room on the lobby area. All Costco pastries,muffins,cakes,bagel,waffles--quality butter and cream cheese,quality orange juice(not watered down).
I walked around a bit searching for dinner (Taco Bell next to hotel under renovation). Nothing in walking distance but you minutes from the downtown area with anything you desire.
Area around hotel felt safe---no undesirables around.
To sum it up---if your visiting---give it a show---it's price point is quite below any other hotel of its size.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2015

Dear Gary
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice pleasant review of our hotel. We have recently re-decorated a number of our rooms and we are in the process of upgrading the hotel in general. So we look forward to you coming to stay with us again and we hope to make your stay even more pleasant. And next time you stay please ask at the front desks regarding places to eat as there are a number of restaurants within 3-4 minutes walk.

Reviewed December 7, 2015

This hotel took me by surprised. The room rate reflected that of a budget hotel but the rooms and great service was certainly above that of what I was expecting.
The room are very clean and a good size and the TV and microwave were a bonus. The best part was the exceptional staff who were so polite and attentive each day.
I would certainly go back and recommend this nice place.

Tara

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2015

Dear Tara
Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing report and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us in the future and when you do decide to return please contact me directly as I would like the opportunity to make your next visit even better.
Marketing Manager