All reviews taco bell next door breakfast included alarm clock into nyc metro north station downtown stamford rooms are clean microwave parking fixtures drawers connecticut
Selected filters
Reviewed November 2, 2015

Lobby was very attractive and staff excellent. Older hotel but the room had been recently remodeled and was mostly new and very good. The bed frame cover was badly torn near the floor on one side. The ceiling is 2x4 office acoustic ceiling to cover the fire sprinkler retrofit. One of the ceiling tiles in the bathroom had a big dry stain from a leak above. It looks like the place was remodeled nicely, but ongoing maintenance doesn't get done. Room was clean. Parking seemed secure at night. I don't think there is much for restaurants close by. We wanted a specific type and the front desk directed us to a local favorite. The front desk man got 3 phone calls while I was checking in and told each one he would call them back, giving his full attention to me. Very professional and friendly.
The room doors are older and not as sound proof as some. Would stay again.

Room tip: Get a coupon from a hotel book.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DRGray-Amsterdam, Marketing Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2015

Dear GGDesmonies,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at The Amsterdam Hotel in Stamford.
We are pleased that our hotel met the majority of your expectations, but disheartened a little with the one issue.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future and we will make every effort to ensure you are 100% satisfied.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Mr D R Gray

Reviewed September 29, 2015

Chose this hotel for location and positive reviews, but after our experiences I wonder who wrote those reviews. I booked a group of 28 rooms here for one night, on a tour to Nova Scotia. A total nightmare from begining to end It took 45 mins. to get keys and check-in after being told by the front desk clerk, when I called (about 2 hrs.before arrival) that they were ready for my group. Luggage handling a joke...our escort and driver had to take care of this! One of our couples called to report the fire alarm in their room going off, the person who took call was very rude to them, and NOTHING was done. Two many problems to get into. I called the GM (Frank Steinegger) to voice my concerns, in his defense, he did return my call.. but has lied to me, not once but twice!

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Ann B

Dear Anne B
Thank you for your feedback but we are extremely troubled with the experience you have had at our hotel a short time ago. Our team strives constantly to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and positive on every visit, but on this occasion we appear not to have not sustained our regular high standards.

I can assure you that the procedural failings you experienced have all been addressed and improved upon and we are confident that you experience would certainly not be replicated.

We would very much like to be given the opportunity to accommodate you once again and welcome you back to our hotel. I would be more than delighted to talk with you directly to see if there is something more we can do.

Mr DRGray

Reviewed September 10, 2015

This is my first review ever and second time staying at the Amsterdam. I occasionally come to the Stamford area for business a couple days in a row, and it would not be worth it for me to stay in a $250 a night hotel. I just need a nice, clean, quiet place to stay, and the Amsterdam is all that. The staff is very accommodating in giving a late checkout if needed. Checkout is already 11:00, which is not common, and I received a 12:30 p.m. checkout. I'm reading other reviews about it being undated, but I don't find that. I find it very clean, nice wallpaper, which is not peeling, nice carpet, great mattress and pillows, clean bathroom, and free WiFi. The air conditioning was on when I arrived. I would recommend it to anyone needing an affordable hotel. The breakfast is simple, and it's perfect to grab and go. I appreciate them even providing breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DRGray-Amsterdam, Manager at Amsterdam Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2015

Dear Robin B
The staff and management at the Amsterdam Hotel try to ensure that all our guests are happy with their stay with us. We are therefore pleased that you have enjoyed your trip and appreciate you taking time to write a review.

We certainly home you will come back and visit us and I would be delighted to meet you personally when you do.

DRGray

Reviewed September 7, 2015

Me and my wife stayed in Amsterdam Hotel, Stamford, CT for almost 2 weeks during a Business Trip. The hotel was clean and tidy but the rooms are too small for 2 people to stay in a double room for 1 week. If you are staying for a day or 2 , probably you can manage but not suitable if you are planning to stay for couple of days. Also the room service is not very impressing and needs improvement. Continental breakfast that was given to us every morning was almost the same with limited items to select.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear OVShek,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and we appreciate your positive comments. We have also noted however your comments regarding the room service and continental breakfast and taken steps to address this.

We would be therefore delighted to be given the opportunity to welcome you back once again.
Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Mr D R Gray

Reviewed September 1, 2015

I've stayed here several times and never had an issue. Staff was always nice and helpful. Yes it is a little dated but the rooms are clean and I never had an issue with noise. I will be staying here again when needed.

Date of stay: May 2015