“Great service, helpful staff!”

Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Cumberland, Maryland
“Great service, helpful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here while on my way up to Massachusetts, and the man working front desk was so absolutely helpful and even found a discount to help with the cost of the room. The rooms are typical Super 8, budget and basic, but my room was clean and well-stocked. WiFi works well, and I have no complaints. The area around the hotel seems a bit less-than-desirable, but we ordered food delivered to our room and had no issues. I would recommend this if you are traveling and need an affordable room. Plus, it was so easy to get to off the exit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tulsa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

5 of our employees stayed there on a business trip and when they were leaving the clerk refused to give them a receipt even though they had given the clerk a credit card upon check in. Our travel agent phoned him twice and he hung up on her both times. The owner of our company had to fill out a form and send a copy of his drivers license and credit card before they would fax a copy of each receipt. All attempts to speak to the manager were ignored.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ravinichani, Manager at Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. There were a couple of issues which led to the front desk clerk requesting the cardholder’s authorization to release any information.
First, the online reservation showed a travel agency involved. In most cases the travel agency takes care of the invoicing.
Second, the credit card or its holder was not physically present and we are not supposed to share any personal information of the card holder.
Therefore front desk clerk at the time of checking out as a precaution requested for an authorization from the card holder.
I once again would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Travelers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Staff is helpful and pleasant, but the depressing location and dingy surroundiings can't be denied. At least you can bet back on the highway quickly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I don't know what the problem with this hotel is. We stayed here on a Saturday night and had no problems at all. Our room was very clean. had all working lights, had toilet paper, and the air worked great. So what--it's not the VERY best out on the market but it is okay for the night after you've driven for 18 hours. I would stay here again as I saw no problems with this hotel and I'm not just one of those people who stay anywhere or don't stay at alot of hotels. I travel all over the country for lesiure and all over my state for business and have stayed at numerous hotels, nice and bad. And this one ain't that bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Two rooms both had the bathroom light not working. Bad coffee, no sugar or sweetner. Jut carbs in breakfast. No TP in bathroom on first floor. A/C is noisy.Not very nice for for $103.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a horrible experience at this hotel.

We asked the hotel for a morning wake-up call: they did not call

The alarm clock did not work.

The tv did not work, and emitted a loud hum so we just unplugged it.

The room was old and dirty.

The next morning I told the hotel employee that we did not receive a wake-up call and his response? "I don't care. Why would I say I was sorry if I don't care?" He threw his hands up belligerent at us, and we just left.

We rushed to our meeting, late; and hours later we saw on our receipt that he checked out the wrong person, and charged them incorrectly for 5 days, in the future. He never checked us out.

We had to go all the way back, and fortunately we talked to a nice manager Ravi, who was very apologetic. But he did not offer us a discount, even though we had such a horrible experience.

Think about this - these employees have access to your credit card info.

Do NOT use this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. The lobby was filthy and nasty people were hanging out outside the doorway and in the small lobby. The hotel had a horrible stench. A mixture of ciggarettes and mold. The elevator, hallways and carpets were filthy. The stench in the room was so bad we couldn't breathe. The place was so filthy we slept in our clothing. There was no parking so we had to go around to the back of the hotel. The parking was poorly lit and a bit scary. I had my husband bring our bikes into the room because I knew by looking at this place all our valuables would be gone in the morning if we left them in our van. The room was 90.00 for the night. This was a serious rip off considering the state of this place. We should have slept in our car.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Summer D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,249 reviews

Been to Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area? Share your experiences!