“Employees are pleasant, location not so”

Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Staff is helpful and pleasant, but the depressing location and dingy surroundiings can't be denied. At least you can bet back on the highway quickly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I don't know what the problem with this hotel is. We stayed here on a Saturday night and had no problems at all. Our room was very clean. had all working lights, had toilet paper, and the air worked great. So what--it's not the VERY best out on the market but it is okay for the night after you've driven for 18 hours. I would stay here again as I saw no problems with this hotel and I'm not just one of those people who stay anywhere or don't stay at alot of hotels. I travel all over the country for lesiure and all over my state for business and have stayed at numerous hotels, nice and bad. And this one ain't that bad.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Two rooms both had the bathroom light not working. Bad coffee, no sugar or sweetner. Jut carbs in breakfast. No TP in bathroom on first floor. A/C is noisy.Not very nice for for $103.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a horrible experience at this hotel.

We asked the hotel for a morning wake-up call: they did not call

The alarm clock did not work.

The tv did not work, and emitted a loud hum so we just unplugged it.

The room was old and dirty.

The next morning I told the hotel employee that we did not receive a wake-up call and his response? "I don't care. Why would I say I was sorry if I don't care?" He threw his hands up belligerent at us, and we just left.

We rushed to our meeting, late; and hours later we saw on our receipt that he checked out the wrong person, and charged them incorrectly for 5 days, in the future. He never checked us out.

We had to go all the way back, and fortunately we talked to a nice manager Ravi, who was very apologetic. But he did not offer us a discount, even though we had such a horrible experience.

Think about this - these employees have access to your credit card info.

Do NOT use this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. The lobby was filthy and nasty people were hanging out outside the doorway and in the small lobby. The hotel had a horrible stench. A mixture of ciggarettes and mold. The elevator, hallways and carpets were filthy. The stench in the room was so bad we couldn't breathe. The place was so filthy we slept in our clothing. There was no parking so we had to go around to the back of the hotel. The parking was poorly lit and a bit scary. I had my husband bring our bikes into the room because I knew by looking at this place all our valuables would be gone in the morning if we left them in our van. The room was 90.00 for the night. This was a serious rip off considering the state of this place. We should have slept in our car.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Summer D
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I will never ever return to the super 8 at Stamford CT. I went there with my girlfriend and my cousin with his girlfriend, we didn't expect it to be an amazing 5 star hotel but atleast it should be clean! This hotel had mold in every corner of the hotel. It was smelly, you can taste the moisture! On the first 2 minutes of entering our 2 bed room, we see a big cockroaches on the floor and a few on the ceilling!!!! And when we called the helpdesk they took forever(20ish minutes) for them to even come
to our room. Than there was a constant beeping sound outside our window!!! Our first call was at around 11:30pm and we had to call them another 12 times more to get them to fix the beeping sound(by the way it was beeping cuz they don't change there batteries on there fire alarms) The probleme was never solved!!! I had to close the window and put on the AC that damped the carpet next to our bed!!! It was so damp water was coming out!! Breakfast was super bad!!!! The whole experience was horrible! The beds where cumfy though. Ohh and there where lots of prostitutes there too. Cabs for downtown stamford is low price(5$) and there are good restaurants too. If you want to sleep in a rundown hotel, with horrible room service, prostitutes, mold, cigar smoke, tasteless breakfast, horrible stench everywhere( specialy in the elivator) and bad pyping i strongly recommend this place!!!!
No living creature should stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Eddyme85
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Prices posted online included "come on over", not "only good for online booking". No AARP discount, $15. more per night, $10 a night for a refrigerator, no weekly discount, AND $1 A NIGHT FOR A SAFE WE DID NOT USE, ASK FOR, KNEW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slamming doors 24/7

If you MUST stay there, the internet worked well, the cleaning staff did a good job except for daily loss of all towels and sheets for hours, had a decent bagel and the key cards were trouble free.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business