First, the good things: Overall, we were quite pleased with our visit. Every staff member with which we interacted could not have been friendlier or more helpful. That is perhaps the greatest strength of this property. At no point did the good nature of the staff feel contrived, either. The location off of I-95 is very accessible and provided us with a convenient place to stay while visiting the City. We thought that our room and its furnishings were quite nice by our standards, but nitpickers may rightly argue that they are not up to the typical luxurious standard of Hilton. (Not that we're complaining, really) The beds couldn't be more comfortable and the room itself was very clean. We were paranoid about certain unmentionable pests that are plaguing every hotel these days, but saw no sign of them during our thorough, initial check. We'd highly recommend this property except for lots of little details that were missed. The staff was extremely receptive to our candid feedback on these matters, however. Here are some of the things that weren't quite right: There were a few hairs in our bed, which may have grossed some folks out, but because the linens seemed otherwise immaculate we shrugged it off. The flapper valve on the toilet got stuck once, requiring a "jiggling" of the handle. The drain in the tub was rather slow, but only when the water was near its highest volume setting. My wife ordered some soup from room service and was rewarded with great service and equally great food - but only received a knife and a fork. (Oops) On the eighth floor the vending machine wouldn't accept bills due to vandalism, and all four bottled water selections were sold out. It seemed like no one had been checking it. Gosh, I would love to rate this hotel better because they seem to try so hard, but in my humble, quite probably ignorant opinion, management might need to get a bit more organized. With a few documented procedures adhered to and perhaps a more organized scrutiny (recording?) of issues, these problems would all go away. Again, all of it seems moot considering that the rest of the experience was overwhelmingly positive.
One last thing: please install a convex mirror at the blind corner when leaving the elevator and entering the parking garage. This was the only thing that made the garage seem atypically unsafe... but I'm nitpicking.
In summary, if you're easygoing, this hotel is comfortable and a great value. I'd still recommend it. If you're a grumpy nitpicker with unreasonably high standards, however, you might not appreciate this Hilton as much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton