I was surprised that this Hilton was not as nice as most Hiltons that I've stayed in. I think the hotel needed more staff members the weekend I was there. When I walked into the lobby, several tables had used plates and cups on them. Also, another table had an empty box just sitting on it, with liquid from whatever was previously in it leaking onto the table and floor. These items remained in the lobby for at least an hour. Hotel signage was not that great. It was hard to figure out where the non-express elevators were, and where the pool was. It took us over 15 minutes just to find the pool after asking a catering department employee for help. We were placed on one of the two executive floors, but our room was less than desirable. A large square hole in the wall next to the air conditioning unit was taped up. We were told the room didn't have wash cloths yet. The decor was stuffy and the furniture just didn't appear new or clean. Neither of the two phones worked. We were moved across the hall to a slightly better room. But this room didn't have hand towels, and we never received them. Despite requesting non-feather pillows, we had to get them ourselves from a housekeeping closet. More were finally brought in much much later. We were awoken in the middle of the night by blasting music that shook the walls. The first call tot he front desk accomplished nothing. The second call we were told that a security guard was dealing with something else and would attend to the music shortly. A third call we were told the music was not coming from inside the hotel, but a manager would go check the parking lot and surrounding area and call the police if necessary. He eventually visited our room to apologize. I'm still not sure where the music was coming from. The hotel is located in a small corporate park off Route 95. It's a short drive away from downtown Stamford, where there is a mall and many restaurants. We got the hotel super cheap on a travel discount website, which was one of the only redeeming qualities of our stay. Plus, the supposedly $10 parking was never charged. Either due to the weekend or broken ticket dispenser. The hotel was quite crowded due to a big MonaVie convention. There is a ton of meeting space at this Hilton. The hotel was decent for one night, but it just wasn't as modern, clean, or service-oriented as other Hiltons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton