“It was better than I expected”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I went for a weekend away, got it through priceline for $60. It was better than I thought based on the reviews. We had to pay for parking which is annoying because there is no other option than the hotel. When I went out I had to park really far away in an underground lot it was creepy The service was better than I expected, there was a hello from everyone! They have a shuttle to take you everywhere which is good since it is in an isolated location. This weekend the pool was closed which upset a lot of people.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed January 29, 2010

My youth group had a convention at this hotel and it was very clean and comfortable. I was a little nervous when I read a comment about bedbugs but when i called management beforehand they acknowledged that they had previously had a problem with travelers bringing them to the hotel but they immediately clean any room that is suspect and also perform quarterly maintenance and spray for them. I stripped my sheets to look at the mattress anyway and found nothing. The bathrooms are very nicely appointed as are the rooms and I enjoyed staying there. The parking is a little inconvenient but overall i give this hotel a thumbs up and would stay here again (this is my second time anyway).

Reviewed January 18, 2010

This was by far the worst hotel stay out of all of my business travels. I have been traveling for business for the past 6 years and this hotel was awful.
I stayed at the Hilton in Stamford, CT over a weekend, due to my business. There was a huge convention staying at the hotel for the weekend as well. The individuals attending this convention obviously never travel much, nor stayed in hotels a lot. I returned to my room one night, around 10:30pm, and about 25 of these youths were out in the hallway eating pizza, sitting on the floor and were very loud. had no consideration for anyone. I felt like I was in the projects... I had to call security 15 times before they even picked up the front desk phone. The staff was not that friendly and could not control this group. This hotel is a Non-smoking hotel and two to three rooms around me were smoking and I had to call the front desk and report this. Parking was a nightmare, the room-service breakfast was awful, and the place was very dirty. On another night returning back to my room, there were 8 - 10 room service trays left in the hallway that nobody picked up. THis placed smelled like a zoo and was not respectable to my needs. I have stayed at a lot of Hilton hotels across the US and I would not recommend this place to ANYONE! Plus this Hilton hotel charges for internet and does not offer wireless..

Reviewed January 11, 2010

I stay here several times a month for business and the hotel staff is typically very attentive. The rooms are clean and typical for a Hilton; this used to be another property and Hilton took it over about a year and half ago.

I would recommend this for business travel; also close access to the metro to NYC.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed at this Hilton for two nights over Thanksgiving. The price was so much lower than the other hotels in the area and we trust the HIlton name, so we booked it. It is located in a difficult spot to find, and locals told us to avoid the surrounding area, especially at night.

At first the room seemed quite nice, but on the second night I saw a bedbug crawling across my son's pillow. I will spare you the details, but he had been bitten and we left the hotel at midnight on Thanksgiving. The front desk staff refused to come up and examine the situation, and told me I could not get a refund until management checked it out. Luckily another hotel gave us a great rate and we were eventually able to sleep.

I played phone tag with the Hilton's manager of rooms for some days, but when I checked in with Travelocity (where I booked it) they had been told by HIlton management that they had found no evidence of bugs and I would not be getting a refund. However after I called back and left a message that I was a journalist and critic I got a return message saying Travelocity had misunderstood and there was indeed a problem and they had dealt with it and I would be getting a refund. Hmmm.

It took a month, but our money was refunded. All in all a traumatic experience and we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank lupevt
ExecAsst1815, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2009

Hotels have recently face an increase in bed bug claims that concern operators and hotel guests. When we are notified of a possible bed bug issue, we respond immediately with a professional expert to inspect the room. There are occasions when the claims are illegitimate, when they are every step is taken to remedy the problem and prevent future problems. Rest assured that we take this matter very seriously.

Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel is simply perfect. We had a wonderful stay in this very professionally run hotel. The staff was extremely attentive and the rooms were immaculate. We can't say eough good things about this Hilton. Top notch. Great shuttle service to just about anywhere. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2UtopianTravelers
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Did you know bed bugs suck your blood while you sleep?? I do now thanks to the Hilton Stamford. Wake up at 1:00 AM in a bed infested with bed bugs and you'll never be the same!

That's what happened to me at the Hilton Stamford and the staff and general manager, Mark [--], never apologized for a room infested with bed bugs. The hotel even gave me a hard time when I requested my clothes be cleaned by the hotel. [--]'s response was a canned e-mail offering 10,000 Hilton points, which is enough for 1/3 of a night's stay. The rooms adjacent to the infested room were never vacated and I had to alert the guests, not the hotel.

In addition, they allowed a dog covered in feces into the kitchen and on the furniture of the Executive Lounge, where they serve and prepare food. This is how the Hilton Stamford rewards HIlton's most loyal guests. These are health violations you never want to subject yourself to. Stay away from this property!! I am a Hilton Diamond member and my company, which spent over $15,000 dollars in two weeks, will never use this property again.

Luckily I have the Hilton Diamond Desk opening an investigation into this property. If you don't have the same status, odds are likely you'll find yourself bitten and disturbed with no peace of mind.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank HiltonDiamondStatus
ExecAsst1815, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2009

Hotels have recently faced an increase in bed bug claims that concern operators and hotel guests. When we are notified of a possible bed bug issue, we respond immediately with a professional expert to inspect the room. There are occasions when the claims are illegitimate, when they are every step is taken to remedy the problem and prevent future problems. Rest assured that we take this matter very seriously.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!