The wait staff in the restaurant repeatedly fell below expectations from apathy and lack of training, by getting orders wrong from myself and other attendees from our group and on 3 separate occasions with separate servers they did not know what the menu offered .I repeatedly asked for receipts and was told “Sorry I already closed the drawer" Happened 3 times .When paying for breakfast with 20 dollar bills I watched wait staff make change in the tip jar at the bar. Again could not get receipt. 2 separate occasions I was given the wrong change. One of those, I had to tell the waitress the correct amount. During lunch on Saturday we were told we could not sit with friends in the dining room and would have to sit in bar. The bar was full . The dining room had approx. 20 people. After complaining to desk staff I sat in dining room anyway and had to wait 35 minutes for order to be taken. The order was wrong and had to be remade. I was told by desk staff that no management was in the hotel at the time to file a complaint and that someone would contact me. No call back was ever made . Staff that did speak English had no knowledge of immediate area. The bed was made with sheet only during entire stay no blanket or comforter. Dirty linen in front of door for 2 days blocking room entry. Found dinner trash in hall at approx noon on Friday and not removed until approx noon on Saturday There was trash in hall near elevators for entire stay. The room seemed to have a musty smell that would not go away. Overall very disappointed would not return to the Hilton .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton