Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Newport Beach, United States
“Restaurant”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Highly recommend the Seabass entree here at the hotel restaurant. It is served very hot and cooked perfectly! Breakfast buffet is also excellent with a wide variety of choices including omelet bar, hot cereal, and a terrific selection of fresh cut fruits as well as fresh pastries.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your dining experiences. We are delighted you enjoyed multiple meals in our restaurant, Senses. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Jim Marino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Pueblo, CO, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Nice hotel with a very healthy breakfast. Rooms very very clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. Only issue was getting two queen beds when a king room had been booked and each morning at breakfast it was time consuming to get water and coffee from the staff. Staff was very nice however.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is great that you were able to enjoy your visit and were able to start your day with a healthy breakfast. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I regret we missed the mark on ensuring every aspect of your visit was excellent and I will share your comments with the team so we may work to refresh our commitment to our customers. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Stamford.

Beijing, China
Reviewed February 18, 2014

staff and food are good there, but the access to internet is complex, and the charge for in room dining is not clear. You should be ware of every service fee before you place your order. I forgot two bags of my clothes when I checked out. I called 3 times in two days to reach the right staff who can help me figer out what to do next. Finally, they found my bags and mailed them to me. However, the process was a little complex to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your perspective. When ordering room service, all of our fees are clearly stated and we regret any inconvenience. I am happy we were able to retrieve your items, however; this is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and I will review your comments with our team. It is our hope to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The place needs renovation, Paint at a minimum. The worst experience was with the restaurant/food. The quality of the food was awful. First night I ordered room service. The salad was old, brown leaves; the shrimp was bad, the bread was completely dried out, and the soup was luke-warm. I complained and the restaurant manager came up to my room and ended up deleting the charge because I didn't eat any of it but she (blonde Woman w/accent, maybe Russian) argued with me. Over the phone she said their bread is always fresh. I said please come up and see the bread they served me and judge for herself. She did come up and she admitted the salad was brown and the bread was old and said usually it's good but they were off the mark tonight. I asked her if she actually eats this food herself. I couldn't believe how bad it was! On another occasion with room service, I ordered a Spinach salad and they brought me mixed greens. I called once again and spoke first with the front desk. I explained to the attendant who answered the phone and he said "we don't have a mixed green salad." So he said i'd need to speak with the manager. Again I spoke with the manager (a different woman, more helpful this time) and she sent up an actual Spinach salad but I couldn't eat it because it was all wilted and old! Breakfast was just as bad: cold coffee, runny eggs, egg whites that tasted like chemicals. The only positive part of breakfast was the fruit! The fruit was very good quality. The service at breakfast was also lacking. They were very disorganized and just kind of wandered around, no professionalism at all. In addition, the menu at the restaurant offered very few vegetarian options. The fish was "Atlantic" which means farmed which means awful quality (look it up...) This last item about the fish is a particular item that I wouldn't expect a Hilton to notice but it would show me excellence if you were to notice. It would mean that the Hilton knows how to cater to people who expect the best. However! I'm not even talking about "the best" in my comments. I'm talking about just average or slightly above average expectations, which i think is fair for a Hilton. I was shocked by the poor quality I saw everywhere. I stayed at a Marriott afterwards and immediately noticed how much better they were. Okay: back to room service: couldn't believe all of the extra charges!! Two separate "delivery" charges? Extra to bring up alcolhol? 20% included for service? Then the bellboy doesn't even give you a copy of the receipt unless you ask for it!! WOW. Okay -- also, the television wasn't working when I first got there. It was fixed right away so that was fine. However, the options on the television were lacking in that I really wanted to see a show on PBS that night and the only PBS station available was the kids' station! PBS is a standard station -- why wouldn't that be an option? I spent lots of time on the phone with the front desk about that. The front desk staff was usually friendly enough but they just weren't very knowledgable or efficient. They didn't go out of their way for sure. When I asked someone if she would check with my airline to see if flights were delayed due to the storm her first response was that I need to do that myself. I protested and she said she'd find out and call me. She never called. Overall I just spent way too much of my time dealing with issues that shouldn't have been issues to begin with. As I said, I was very disappointed in the Hilton and I will not stay in a Hilton again, if I can help it.

4 Thank Maria G
We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. This is not the level of service we expect for our guests and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I will share your feedback with our dining staff to ensure our customers receive quality products and service. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have encountered with in-room dining. When ordering room service, our fees are noted and we apologize for any miscommunication. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel so we may restore your trust and confidence in us and the Hilton Brand.

Jim Marino

Travelers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I came back to this hotel after some time, and I really feel it was my best choice. Rooms are great but my fav is the executive lounge: I can be comfortable, watching tv, eating, drinking or working, but always is a great experience... John is always great and is wonderful to see how he can remember me after long time. He makes me feel I was here yesterday. I hope he never leaves!!!

• Stayed February 2014
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
It is great that you were able to enjoy so much while staying at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the team. It would be our pleasure to continue to welcome you back when you are visiting the Stamford area. Thank you.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've been a Preferred Hilton member for over 15 years and have stayed at this hotel many times when I visited Stamford, Connecticut. I have had great experiences with the hotel staff and always thought of this hotel as an example of what hotels and travel was supposed to be -
That changed after January 2014.
I always was able to book their Deluxe King rooms which provided special accommodations, including a hot tub and refrigerator, but is now only available on a first come, first serve basis - without guarantee (this what the front desk staff indicated when I spoke to the directly). And prices for their regular rooms have risen DRAMATICALLY, while other hotels in the area have maintained competitive prices without cause. I have sent a letter to Hilton's corporate management to find out what is going on with this facility and I am awaiting their response.
In the meantime, I would highly suggest to travelers looking for accommodations in the Stamford, CT to book yourself with another hotel and avoid this facility.
What a huge disappointment....

Room Tip: If you must choose this hotel, double check to make sure the type of room you book is guaranteed - O...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank petehz
We value our loyal guests and I appreciate you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our rates are competitive with other hotels in the area and most of our room types are guaranteed. There are times when a preferred room is not available, however, we try our best to provide our guests with their preferred choice. Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have and it is our hope to welcome you back to enjoy all the things that have made the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center your hotel of choice over the years. Thank you.

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This Hilton is perfectly placed for all the finance related businesses in Stamford and a 5 minute walk to the train station to New York--about an hour away. It is a full service hotel with restaurant, full-time bell boys, underground parking with valet, and the 10th floor provides Hilton honors with breakfast in the morning and drinks/heavy appetizers in the evening. A very practical place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce P
If you are visiting the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, for business or pleasure, we are located near many corporations, museums, restaurants, shopping and much more. The Stamford Train Station is just a short distance from the hotel and we offer complimentary shuttle service. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much while here and we thank you for your wonderful review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Jim Marino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
#1 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!