“Not Up To Snuff”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed August 16, 2013

When i go to a Hilton, I expect a luxury stay because I'm paying for it. All I got was a room that's being let go and an overpriced breakfast. The staff was mostly friendly, but if you made a special request, most of them just freaked out. Stay at a Hampton in and safe yourself some money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephanie K
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

It is truly disheartening to read comments like yours as this is not the experience we expect for any of our guests. I will review your comments with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our customers. We regret any inconvenience and we hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust. Thank you.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Repeat customer.

Booked a King Suite, even called to confirm prior to arrival. At check-in they had no suites available and claimed their system had me in a King deluxe room all along, stated that's what I must have booked. Typical behavior in these situations. I pulled up the email confirmation on my phone to show them..."Oh, but our systems are down till 5 AM" was the response.

Settled for the downgraded room although I paid for the Suite because I was tired, and have a low tolerance for such negligent behavior.

Further followed up by a housekeeper trying to enter our room using a keycard at exactly 10:00 AM when checkout was at 11:00 AM. Caught her in the hall to question her, as I wanted to know what she was trying to do. My guess is her list had the room empty and was not updated by the irresponsible front desk (same ones who treated my reservation like it was optional).

Spoke to agent at front desk at check-out, and emailed Hilton Reservations...no follow-up.

Not sure if I will be returning...and to think before this occurred I was considering hosting my actual wedding there.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank 1stBuy

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. We regret any inconvenience yo may have experienced and we will check our records for any information you reported regarding your stay so we can work together to ensure your concerns are addressed. Thank you and we hope you have the chance to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

As a Life Gold Hilton Honors member I see a few Hiltons but this is the worse I have ever (and I mean ever) stayed in. Stopped in lobby restroom on the way up from covered parking (ok) and was knocked over by the smell of urine. This place had nothing on Bourbon Street.
So, I thought ok maybe a busy tough day. But then the room was almost as bad. The damp smell was over powering. Light on wall but no plug anywhere close. Amazing.
On a positive note, the location is right off I-95.
Not staying here again, ever.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pappy216
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

It disappoints us to learn your stay was not as you expected. We encourage our guests to reach out to us with any concerns they may have while here and it does not appear that we had the chance to ensure your stay was you expected. It is our hope to provide our guests with accommodations that make them feel at home and we will review your comments and address as necessary. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Hilton Brand and we hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I called the hotel directly to place my reservation (which I was told included breakfast). When we went to breakfast the first morning, we realized that we had never been given our breakfast vouchers. When we asked the front desk about this, they said that the rate we were given did not include breakfast, but they gave us the vouchers because they "had to." We were also given a bill for more than the price we had been quoted over the phone and had to jump through hoops to get it taken care of. Paying $10/day for parking is a little outrageous to me, and for this reason, we probably will not stay here again. The hotel was beautiful and the room was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

While we are happy you were able to enjoy the hotel and your accommodations, it is disheartening to read that your entire stay was not as you expected. When making reservations, either online or over the phone, guests are asked to verify the information received is correct and we truly regret any inconvenience. I will look into your feedback so we can ensure our commitment to our customers is our highest priority. Our fees for parking are comparable to other areas within the city and we thank you for sharing your perspective. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your point of view.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I am a diamond member and this is one of the most disappointing stays I have had. My father and I arrived and they didn't "save" the room we reserved and said they gave all the rooms with 2 beds to a larger party (not a great thing to tell a guest). Unless we wanted a King bed (which we did not), our only option was a 4th floor musty smelling room right above what sounded like a nightclub on a saturday night. The music was blaring and shaking our beds until midnight, the temperature control in the room was not good, the view looked at the roof and the shower sprayed everywhere and the head was broken so we had to stand right below it otherwise it wouldn't work. It was one of the worst Hilton experiences I have had. The 1 great thing was the workout area...with more machines than normal and it was in great shape. The hotel could really use some love and improved attention to detail.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

To read comments like yours is disheartening. While here, do not hesitate to reach out to us with any concerns so we can work together to ensure your visit is as you had expected. This is not the experience we expect for our guests and I will share your feedback with the team. We continually refresh our commitment to our customers and we hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and the Hilton Brand. Thank you.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

A lovely, clean hotel with hotel staff that went above and beyond to meet our needs. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone. We checked in very late with small children and the front desk agent and bell staff worked very quickly to get us checked in and up to our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your kind comments regarding your stay are truly appreciated. It is our hope to provide all of our guests with experiences like yours. Thank you for your recommendation to others and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I love it the service from john the server to the club lounge i saw him how to help everybody . I don't needed go to the restaurant he took my order and was fast the club lounge is very nice . I'll be there again , the price is not expencive in comparation the others rooms .

• Stayed: July 2013

We are happy you were able to experience such great service from our team. It is our hope that each of our guests feels welcomed while here and we thank you for your kind comments. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
#3 of 14 in Stamford
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!