I'm going to have to agree with the review from Booll "Rooms need a facelift". I guess I got that same room! Was at this hotel this weekend and out tub didn't drain either so we had to shower in a pool of dirty water. When it finally drained it left the tub dirty and unable to clean. The wall paper in our room had stains on it and the ceiling were peeling from what looked like possible water damage. I gave it a higher rating because overall It's still is a nice hotel. Strange that no one has fixed the problem with that tub as I'm sure we had that same room. My other problem this time around was the lack of service in the bar area. We sat down to have a drink but the bartender didn't acknowledge us or the other people who came it after us. At that point it was obvious that the only way to get service was to go up to the bar and get our own drinks. I go to this hotel a lot and I mostly use hotwire, I'm wondering if the other reviewer used them as well. I think people who book through hotwire sometimes get lower service. Once when we checked in we were told since we booked with hotwire they refused to give us a King bed room, my husband and I had to take a rooms with double beds. She said we could get a king if we paid extra for it. Now we get a room they know has a bad tub. There's no way the housekeeper doesn't know about that tub, plus someone else had the same problem and it wasn't fixed and given to someone else to use. That is poor customer service on the hotels part, but overall it's still a good hotel but I hope they fix the problems before my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton