My father booked and paid for our 2 rooms. When he booked online he specified that we wanted connecting rooms or at the least, rooms across from each other. We checked in and were told to park in the parking garage. They charge you $10 per night to park yourself in this garage. I was a little shocked by that. When we got our 4 children out and up to our rooms we found out they were actually on the same side but 3 rooms apart. We called back to the check-in desk and asked that since the one room we were in connected with the next, if we could have that room. They said it needed to be cleaned and they would have it ready in about 45 minutes. We waited that time and noone had come to clean it so we went out to eat. When we got back about 1 1/2 hours later the room was ready. The first night we realized that the a/c didn't work. Our room was very hot. Also the tub drain was clogged and when we took showers the tub filled up past our ankles. The second day my husband had to go to 4 different floors before he found a vending machine that actually had soda in it. We were hoping to try the breakfast buffet but at $20 per person it wasn't going to happen. It would have cost us $100 for breakfast! Overall the hotel looked beautiful from the outside. The lobby was beautiful as well. The hotel is not situated in a great area though. I would not want to walk the streets alone at night. It doesn't look very safe. There were plenty of men walking the streets at night but they were all wearing big coats and you couldn't even see their faces. It looks like they are trying to "revitalize" the area but it still feels rough and tough. The staff at the hotel are very nice and pleasant. I guess i just expected the rooms to be more beautiful, more upscale. The biggest plus is that the beds and pillows are VERY comfortable. The beds had feather pillows that were amazing! I loved the beds and pillows. There is a good sized indoor, heated pool and jacuzzi that kept the kids busy too. I guess i just expected more from a Hilton hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton