My first visit to this hotel was around July of this year and it was exceptional. I have frequented here often since then and I am utterly appalled at how badly the service, staff, cleanliness and convenience has declined since my first visit.
I often try to book the "Deluxe suite" as I originally found it to be very nice. Each time there after when I tried to book this suite I was told by the staff that no room with such a name existed. I was then told by the reservations hotline that a room with such a name did exist. The staff at the hotel is completely clueless as to what their own rooms entail. They make it incredibly difficult to book the room you are looking for. I often called and spoke to Travis who consistently could never answer any question and would immediately put me on hold. He would tell me he would be back with the answer and then transfer me to another completely clueless teller without explaining to anyone my original question. I had to literally restate myself four or five times before getting a very vague response. Bottom line ... Booking here is a complete nightmare and I will never waste my time with Travis or another clueless teller again.
Additionally the room service is inconsistent at its best. I ended up spending 100 dollars on breakfast for in room dining and got a very small portion of eggs, cold toast, bitter coffee and the list goes on. I asked for Tabasco which they could not provide Stating they were out. I don't know what possessed me to give their steak a try but I immediately regretted my decision. Essentially the food and in room dining service is not worth the hassle and money.
I had to call the front desk around 6pm to Ask for housekeeping to come clean my room as they had not done so all day. I returned to find no fresh towels and shower and tub untouched. The room itself was overall run down with stains on the floor.
Furthermore, wifi connection is terrible and they charge 10 dollars a day to use a connection that is weak. I could probably get a better connection from my room by using signal from one down the street, and it would be free.
I once spent an additional fee for what they call the "romance package" to find it was a HUGE waste of money. The package advertises "late check out" but I had two different house keepers banging on my door at 11 and 12.
After my ranting I will sum it up this way. I will ever again give business to this hotel. I have wasted a lot of time and money hoping they will improve but it only gets worse. The staff is clueless inefficient and not well trained. The quality is nowhere near enough for what you spend. Hilton you should truly be embarrassed. Your staff has absolutely no idea about their rooms and always redirect you to someone else. Shameful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton