“Use this special address for GPS”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed September 24, 2012

151 Greenwich Avenue will get you here to the hotel whereas the official address, 1 Stamford Lane, will show up as 1 Stamford Plaza and take you to a shopping mall in downtown Stamford! Once there though, take advantage of the valet parking, get a room high up (Executive floor is 10th for HiltonHonors Gold travellers). Hilton standards across the board (service, rooms, and great rates). Only drawback is its location - the nearby RR tracks and highway make it tricky to drive into town and back.

Room Tip: Go high for a nice view and quiet restful sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PapaInternational
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel during your recent visit to the area. For future reference, our exact address is 1 First Stamford Place, but your suggestion is also a great help to other travelers as Greenwich Avenue connects to First Stamford Place. We're thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy so many of our wonderful amenities and hope to welcome you back very soon for another great stay. Thank you for your gracious review.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

was there in sep2011 for my cousin's wedding and thought it was such a great place because the rooms were cheap and parking was free. the ballroom was very nice and overall great event. therefore, i looked into it myself for my wedding and was blown away by how horrible their catering manager was. one of the first things she said was that they would rather give the hotel to a traditional american wedding than an ethnic wedding because the profit margins are higher.
she never got back to us and did not block the date; someone else took it and when i followed up with her manager, they said that they made "room" for us just that weekend. what a bunch of bs because after a month of no response, coincidentally just that weekend they made "room" for us. we decided to go another route. if their service was this bad in the inital planning, how bad would it have gotten.
my ratings are for my experience meeting with the venue to plan my wedding. i would not recommend this place for a wedding or any catering event.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

After having such a wonderful experience at your cousin's wedding, it is truly disheartening to hear that your conversations with our catering team were not at all what we hope to provide to our guests. Our hotel prides itself on providing a wide range of special services for cultural celebrations, along with wedding planners who specialize in ethnic ceremonies. Weddings are special to us, no matter the size or type, and we are quite puzzled as to the treatment you may have received. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we appreciate you alerting us to your concerns.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We did NYC a little different this time and stayed in Stamford, CT and took the train in. Would recommend that to everyone. Our stay at the Hilton was fine. Hotel shows a little age but the rooms were fine. Rates were fair, our room was clean and comfortable. We parked the car and used the hotel shuttle to and from the train station which is also a easy walk. Shuttle guys were great and would pick us up within five minutes after calling. Only complaint that I have is that the restaurant does not open until 6:30am and therefore coffee is hard to come by, we will bring our french press next time. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant on Saturday. One continental buffet, one order of french toast, two coffees and $37.00 lighter we were on our way. The next day left a little earlier and had great Eggs Benedict with juice and coffee at the Stage Door Deli in NYC for $17.00 less. Would seem than it would not be too much to expect a guest coffee setup. Like I said not a Hampton.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles H
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We're thrilled that you had a great stay and thank you for recognizing our shuttle staff and for mentioning our convenient location. For future reference, all guestrooms provide in-room coffee makers should you need an earlier start to your day. Many of guests find that the commute into NYC is easy and effortless from our hotel and we're so glad that was your experience too. We're looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay in the future and we thank you for your review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travel extensively and usually stay at the Hyatt Greenwich when in the stamford area. I have never posted a review before, but felt compelled to post this after my stay last night at the Stamford Hilton.
As always, I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor prior to booking and always start with the negative reviews. All I can say is that whoever posted these negative reviews was either a disgruntled ex employee, a competitor, or they were staying at another hotel.
This hotel is WONDERFUL! From my greeting from the valet service at the curb, to my check in by a charming front desk clerk, to my visit to the lounge for a nightcap, the staff were superb! The service at the bar was the best. Angela and Tony, greeted everyone with a smile and made each guest feel special, even asking the patrons what channel they would like to watch on the TV's. They went out of their way to create a warm and friendly environment. You would have thought they owned the place. Hilton, you are lucky to have them on your team.
The rooms were perfect! I was on the 4th floor overlooking the tennis courts. A nice view and very quiet. The bed was so comfortable with fine linens, the bathroom large and nicely appointed. Loved the upscale coffee maker and large flat screen TV too.

The lobby is beautiful, the menu looks great and although I did not dine here, I did see the food delivered to several bar patrons and it looked delicious.

So there you have it, my rave review...... If I could give them 10 stars I would!
I can't imagine anyone not rating this hotel 5 stars........ And for the bad reviews....... Don't trust them on this one. you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Teri C

It is our greatest pleasure in being able to contribute to our guest's travel experiences from start to finish and we sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel. We are thrilled to learn that your experience was everything that you had anticipated and more. Your comments will be shared with our staff, knowing that it will make their day. Thank you for your words of encouragement as we truly hope to serve you in the not-so-distant future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel stay was wonderful: comfortable, clean rooms and beds, easy parking, and a pleasant lobby with room to do some work in the lounge areas.

If you're looking for a hotel right in the middle of town, with abundant restaurants nearby, this isn't it: the hotel is in an office park a short drive from those amenities. But if you have a rental car at your disposal, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel. We are delighted to have been able to welcome you and appreciate your compliments. Our location offers slightly removed, but still convenient access to Stamford, giving our guests a quiet retreat from the hustle and bustle of Downtown, and we thank you for mentioning it. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I came to Stamford, CT on business and was placed in a Hilton Hotel near my work. This is my first stay with Hilton so I was not sure what to expect. What a great place. The staff is accomodating and only a phone call away. If there is anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable they are happy to accomodate.

My stay at this hotel is a whopping 52 days and with only 8 days into my stay I feel as comfortable here as I would at home. The executive lounge is amazing. It is great to have a place in a hotel were you feel you can stretch your legs and relax after a long day at work or in the city. The gym is a great spot to relieve some stress. The pool and hot tub were a welcoming surprise. The restaurant has a great selection with reasonable prices. It is close to the local mall and offers a shuttle service compliments of the hotel. The shuttle staff customer service is incredible. They are a great group of guys. This hotel is close to the Metro-North train station that offers transportation to Grand Central Station in Manhattan in only 45 min.

I recommend this hotel if you are staying in Stamford, CT. This is my second trip to Stamford, CT. The first trip my employer put me in Hotel 0 Degrees and the Hilton this time. I prefer the Hilton. If I end up coming back to Stamford, CT a third time I will be requesting the Hilton!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room they tend to be slightly bigger
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Trevor F
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel has been and is continuing to be. We love hearing from our extended stay guests, as they have the opportunity to fully experience everything our hotel has to offer. It's wonderful to learn that you have had the opportunity to enjoy so many aspects of our hotel and that we will have the pleasure of your company for another few weeks. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything you need during you stay. Thank you for your recommendation and kind remarks.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had difficulties getting a (Hilton) room close to LGA for our early flight out so chose this hotel. Hotel was great, room was nice and room service meal was above average.

Hotel was located a way out of downtown Stamford so we couldn't find anything to eat close by to meet our needs, chose room service and were very satisfied. Staff were all helpful and we'd stay here again if we were in the area, overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We're thrilled to read that you chose to stay with us at the Hilton Stamford Hotel and were pleasantly surprised. Your kind words for our staff are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along, as it will certainly make their day! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another great stay and we thank you for your gracious review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
#3 of 14 in Stamford
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!