“Aged, but well kept”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This Hilton has done a very good job of taking an aged facility and making it feel like new. The amenities are very nice although the location is a bit strange. For Gold members or higher the concierge lounge has complimentary beer and wine.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

It’s great to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our central location, convenient to Downtown Stamford attractions and local businesses, is very popular with business travelers and vacationers alike, and we’re disappointed that it didn’t work as well for you. We look forward to greeting you again in the future when your travel plans bring you to Stamford. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I like this place and stay here often. Its a little worn around the edges, but the price is right, the rooms are clean and pretty comfortable, and the staff is very friendly. This is what matters to business travelers. They could improve on the breakfast buffet, which is sometimes blah.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Hearing from our loyal return guests makes us very happy. We thank you for your continued patronage of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and appreciate your kind words for our staff and accommodations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon and thank you for your suggestion regarding the breakfast buffet.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The venue for a conference of this size has become far too small. The parking is deplorable and it is very difficult to get from one location to another because of the crowds. The hotel itself is well located, but the rooms are very 'tired'. The lack of wifi in a 'business hotel's' rooms is just not acceptable today. 'Used' room service trays are left outside in the hallway all day long. The bathroom fixtures did not function properly and, on two occasions, the front desk/operator never picked up my phone calls to them and I had to physically go down to the reception area to make my request.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank erikallie
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

We always appreciate hearing from our guests, whether their comments are complimentary or otherwise, as it guides us to the areas that may need more of our attention. It seems there were several opportunities during your stay that could have been improved upon, and for that we offer our sincerest apologies. Thank you for making us aware of the maintenance issues within your room. Ultimately, we are not satisfied unless we exceed our guest’s expectations, and your comments will help us to achieve that goal. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed in this hotel as part of a conference that my company held. I had stayed at this hotel last year and it was average at the time. The facility seems to have dramatically deteriorated since then. I don't think that Hilton is investing in the upkeep of this property. The carpets are shabby, the bathrooms have that used, tired look about them. Internet access was a real hassle (no wifi in the rooms) AND you have to pay for it. The food was appalling. I know that I can be a bit of a food snob, but really... If you like pastries, Lucky Charms, and watery eggs, this is the place for you. Finally, the front desk staff have odd rules. On my last evening, I stopped by to request a late check-out for the next day and was told that you could only request a late check-out after 7am on the morning of departure. At 7am the next day, I called downstairs and they told me they could not accommodate me as a large group was taking over the hotel that day. Why couldn't I have been told that the night before?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank americantravelgirl
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Feel like I am in a third world country here.
Horrible service, dated rooms, bells go off in the middle of the night.
Worst value and poorest service I have ever experiences in the US.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Blofelt
Reviewed February 22, 2012

As previously mentioned - the Saturday night we stayed over - was due to the ICONIC Boyz offerning a dance class - my daughter (her birthday present) was to spend the night with a friend and take the class. I also did not know there was a dance competition going on. Well lo and behold It was a local company and my daughter had a lot of friends there. Yes this hotel was taken over by tweens and the ICONIC boyz being trailed all over. Ok now to the Hotel - check in was easy - they accomodated with two room next to each other - Had a lovely corner room - 6th floor - nice bed - clean - nice hot water. No issues with the room. TV stations were limited and complicated. As for the restaurant - the waiter was extremly polite but the food took forever - blts, hamburger fries and wings came out cold. Place is not packed with event - they had food bar upstairs - no cateered food. Pool looked great. Later we went to the bar about 9:30pm and got a drink - took over 5 minutes to get the bartenders attentions - pretty ladies few seats from us. Ordered an antipasta platter which was not bad. No way were we going near that restaurant again. Then another perso tried to order bar food and was told - kitchen was overwhelmed had to go to restaurant or room service. Come on - its at bar 9:30pm - no one was overwhelmed - they were not cateering anything - This hotel is situated in Stamford - but way off beat and track - you have to drive to get anywhere. You are stuck there for food - I did see a pizza delivery guy. Overall it was not a bad stay for us - since we were with the tweens running all over. Hotel was clean. But bring your own snacks and prepare for a long wait for food - and for it to be cold. I am sure for a conference with food included its fine. ALso they had a cash food bar for the dancers and I had a wonderful sandwich for $4.00 and the drinks were reasonable at $1.00

Room Tip: corner rooms have two sets of windows - lots of light
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have had occasion to stay at this hotel several times. While I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the room service food has improved from how absolutely awful it was before, unfortunately the staff kept making mistakes with the order. One particularly annoying example with room service is that even when a table was specifically asked for (when it shouldn't be necessary to request a table in the first place for dinner for two), it was continuously a problem, and the table would arrive not set up, and with dirty tablecloths and stained table linen. Of course, the 20% automatic gratuity, in addition to the set-up charge (what for when nothing was setup???) and other various fees for room service, were charged.

Another issue was that the housekeeping staff would open the door even when the Do-Not-Disturb sign was on. One further problem was that the room was excessively hot and when we tried to use the air conditioning unit, it only blew hot air and actually raised the temperature to 82 degrees which made it very difficult to sleep as there were no windows that could open.

The Hilton Stamford has the potential of being a decent hotel, but only if they correct the continuing issues with room service, housekeeping, and the temperature controls in the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NewYorkGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
#4 of 14 in Stamford
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!