All reviewsfull kitchenseparate bedroomstop shopswimming pool ishalf mileunderground parkingcontinental breakfastroom servicestovefurniturecleanlinessnycgymdinershuttlechannels
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed overnight at the hotel due to a snow storm. The evening desk clerk, Bobby? Was great, friendly, helpful with questions and seemed like a good guy.

Underground parking.

No resto on site. I ordered some delivery from a menu and it was dismal.

Room is very big and also very basic, circa 1985. Nothing fancy at all but does the job and was clean.

Checking out in the morning the woman at the front desk was snippy and rude.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank FastEddddie
stamfordmanager, Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are currently in a the process of a renovation of the hotel and a management change, and we expect to be able to put to rest any issues that you might have found during your stay with us. We have spoken to the front desk concerning your comment, and we are truly sorry for any wrong doing on our part.

I would like to invite you to stay at our hotel once again after our renovations are complete so you can see the remarkable changes we expect from it.

Vincent Ip
Management Executive

Reviewed June 11, 2010

My son and I stayed at the Stamford Suites Hotel in central Stamford, CT and really found it to be a extremely suitable and very comfortable extended stay. Which actually turned into a 7 month tour as part of our relocating and now have become new residents to the Stamford area. After traveling to work in NYC from Bridgeport for years it became very necessary to reduce the travel time when I had to bring my son to school there due to the unexpected loss of his mother. The hospitality of their staff was very supportive and when I came time to leave I guess it was like family going away - but not so far and we still come by from time to time... It's a great place to feel like home away from home...
God Bless,
Tony and Keithaon

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tzappstar1
CDerise, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2010

Dear Tony and Keithaon,
Thank you for your recent feedback, and thank you for choosing Stamford Suites Hotel as your "home away from home"! Your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority, and it is good to hear that we at Stamford Suites were able to provide you with a temporary home with a supportive and hospitable staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your support. We would love to welcome you back "home" whenever you are in the area!

Careen Derise

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel at least 15 times since 2006. I've always had a pleasant experience. The complementary breakfast is something I don't bother with. The rooms are huge. Its like a one bedroom Apt with a kitchen. We've stayed with 3 boys and it works. If you want fancy don't stay here but if you are looking for a place to spread out for a few days or longer this is the best value in town. The TV's are old and there is not pay per view. The internet is free and I've worked in the room with minimal connection problems The rooms are a little worn out, but I've never had any problems with bed bugs as an earlier reviewer states. The staff is friendly and they fix problems quickly or move you to another room.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hookedonTravelVT

Dear HookedonTravelVT,
Thank you for choosing Stamford Suites Hotel as your "home away from home" for all these years! I appreciate your feedback and are working to making improvements to our rooms and services. Your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority, and it is good to hear that we at Stamford Suites were able to accommodate you with comfort and hospitality. Many great changes have happened at Stamford Suites, and more improvements are currently underway. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your support, and we hope to see you and your family again to enjoy the great changes at Stamford Suites Hotel.

Careen Derise

Reviewed December 5, 2009

The staff was friendly and helpful, and suites were enormous for the price, but the heaters, bedding, carpets, and amenities were minimal. No pens or writing paper! I would recommend this well-located, bargain-priced hotel, especially for a family reunion. But not to a picky traveler.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank danh_72_
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The rooms are huge, the staff is friendly and the location is fine. What's not to like? Well, the rooms are definitely in need of a face lift. They're clean, but the sofa and chairs were pretty, umm, used. I wouldn't sit in them. If you like TV, don't stay here - they date back to the 80's. Also, there's no way to work out of this hotel with the internet access provided. It's wireless and worse than dial-up, even in the lobby where it was running full strength.

The bottom line is, it's great if you're on a budget. But if you can get a room at the Marriott(s) for another $30 to $40 a night and your on business, take that route instead.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo