All reviews full kitchen separate bedroom swimming pool is stove furniture diner channels shuttle
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Stamford Suites during the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Given the dearth of available rooms, I especially appreciated what I considered to be fair pricing.
Although the suites are not fancy, they are clean and spacious. The kitchenette is fully equipped, although a few more dishes would be nice to have. The room offers plenty of furniture for dining, relaxing and working on one's laptop.The towels and bed linens were in good condition and of fair quality. The mattress was comfortable.
The front office staff, especially Ebony, were professional, courteous and polite in their interactions with me and other visitors. This is especially noteworthy given the fact that they were inundated by frantic callers seeking shelter from the storm.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robyn D
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear R L,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. It is a pleasure to have you as our guest. I am happy to hear that we were able to serve you and be of help in the time of need. I hope we were able to make you feel like home and hope that your 'home' is now back to the 'home' you used to.

Hospitably Yours,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel stands out because the rooms are all true suites, separate bedroom with a king bed, living room and kitchen. They now run a shuttle service morning and evening which saves cab fare to the station, but in any case Stamford restaurants and shopping are walk-able.
Good value in an expensive town.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Imackin
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Imackin,

Thank you for taking your time to write about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the location of our hotel. Yes we now provide complimentary shuttle service to local corporate offices, train station, restaurants, and other entertainment in Stamford. I hope you were able to utilize the shuttle service as well.

Thank you again for being our guest. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry for your future reservation. I will take care of your reservation and upgrade to our Royal Suite (750sq.ft.) with 42" flat screen TV, larger living area, and a dining table. We look forward to having you here again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed for one night while attending a golf tournament in the area. I specifically asked when I reserved the room, that the sofa bed be made up and opened for our arrival. When we checked in and I asked if it had been done, the receptionist politely replied that she didn't know and that she did not make the reservation. She said she would give me sheets if it was not. It was not. When I returned to the lobby, she gave me sheets, one pillow and no blanket. (Apparently they were out.)
The hotel and the rooms are a bit dated, but yes they do have nice flat screened tvs. WiFi is complementary, but automatically logs you off after about an hour. No ice machines for people who may want to fill a cooler for travel.
Clearly this hotel is meant for people who are staying for an extended period of time.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Mlacoach,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about our Stamford Suites Hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience at your arrival. However I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize our sofa bed for extra person without extra charge, the complimentary WiFi, and the flat screen TVs which are newly updated earlier this year.

Our one bedrooms suites have fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top oven, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and a dining table. The living area attached to the kitchen has a sofa bed, coffee table and an executive work desk. We facilitate extended stay guests as well as short term stay.

I hope to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any inquiry. I will personally take care of your reservation and will upgrade you to our Royal Suite.

Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

All looked very dull . Air conditioning not great and extractor in bathroom horrendously loud . Would not stay here again . We have previously stayed in many different hotels and bed and breakfast establishments, and this has been a real let down .

• Stayed: October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Barbara2002,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant time while you were staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Maintenance issues occur all the time and I wish you gave us a chance to fix the problem so you could enjoy your stay. We have maintenance staff 7 days a week.

I hope you were able to enjoy other service and amenities such as complimentary shuttle service to local area, access to local health club, complimentary wifi internet access, etc. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am giving this hotel a four rating primarily because of the value, which I think is quite good. The physical plant still needs some upgrading (our door lock had to be replaced, stains on chairs, closet doors off the track) some of which can be attributed to the fact that this is an extended stay hotel and kitchens and food are involved. That tends to add to the difficulty of keeping things looking new. But for the money, this is a good place. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is hot, and the flat screens TV's look new. Coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and you can walk to the train to NY. You also have a good location if you want to work/visit in Fairfield County. All in all, not a bad place. And the staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Palmdesertdog,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was very nice to hear that our suite was worth the money you spent. Yes we are an extended stay hotel. We have been working on upgrading our ground and furniture. We installed the flat screen TVs earlier this year. We are doing our best to make our guests feel like home. I hope you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to the train station even though it is in a walking distance.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Best Regards,