All reviewsfull kitchenseparate bedroomstop shopswimming pool ishalf mileunderground parkingcontinental breakfastroom servicestovefurniturecleanlinessnycgymdinerchannelsshuttle
Reviewed October 1, 2012

All looked very dull . Air conditioning not great and extractor in bathroom horrendously loud . Would not stay here again . We have previously stayed in many different hotels and bed and breakfast establishments, and this has been a real let down .

• Stayed: October 2012
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Barbara2002,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant time while you were staying with us. I apologize for the inconvenience. Maintenance issues occur all the time and I wish you gave us a chance to fix the problem so you could enjoy your stay. We have maintenance staff 7 days a week.

I hope you were able to enjoy other service and amenities such as complimentary shuttle service to local area, access to local health club, complimentary wifi internet access, etc. Again I apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am giving this hotel a four rating primarily because of the value, which I think is quite good. The physical plant still needs some upgrading (our door lock had to be replaced, stains on chairs, closet doors off the track) some of which can be attributed to the fact that this is an extended stay hotel and kitchens and food are involved. That tends to add to the difficulty of keeping things looking new. But for the money, this is a good place. The beds are comfortable, the shower water is hot, and the flat screens TV's look new. Coffee is available in the lobby in the morning and you can walk to the train to NY. You also have a good location if you want to work/visit in Fairfield County. All in all, not a bad place. And the staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Palmdesertdog,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was very nice to hear that our suite was worth the money you spent. Yes we are an extended stay hotel. We have been working on upgrading our ground and furniture. We installed the flat screen TVs earlier this year. We are doing our best to make our guests feel like home. I hope you were able to use our complimentary shuttle service to the train station even though it is in a walking distance.

Thank you for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

In April 2012, I purchased the Stamford Suites Escape Getaway Package that included a One –Night Stay for Two in a King Suite/Free Upgrade to a Royal Suite (if available), with a three course fixed-menu dinner w/ wine at the neighboring Capriccio Café, Two Movie Tickets to Bow-Tie Cinemas, and Two Gym Passes to Stamford Athletic Club.

From the moment we arrived at the Stamford Suites, we were immediately impressed with the Asian décor in the hotel’s lobby and were greeted warmly by a friendly front-desk employee, who although it was his first day returning to work (car accident….long story), and he was not aware of the LivingSocial offer, he got us checked-in and settled ASAP, in fact, he called in our reservations on our behalf and politely reminded me that my reservation was quickly approaching and I should probably get going (love it!).

We arrived at the Cappriccio Café, and although the waiters initially seemed unfamiliar with the fixed menu details, we finally settled in and began our dinner which was fabulous. Roasted vegetable appetizer, tilapia, white wine, and gelato for dessert….the works!

When we returned to the SS for the night, we were blown away by the beautiful furnishings, and stunning views of the city. Last but not least, the quality of the bedding is unmatched-down comforters and superb-quality plush bedding – one of the best night’s sleep that I have had in ages!! I was so impressed, I contacted the hotel and asked them for the specific mattress model (which they gladly provided) and I purchased one for my home.

I was also able to use the gym tickets and move tickets at another time. Nothing lost…

Will definitely visit SS again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jnttmnz
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Jnttmnz,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. It was great to hear that you had a wonderful experience while you were staying with us. Thank you for noticing our decor. They are antique imported from mainland China and Thailand. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you at check in according to the package deal. the Capriccio Cafe delivered a satisfied meal for you, and that you enjoyed our bed so much that you had to call the next day to inquire about it. We just bought new mattresses earlier this year.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Really nice rooms and really helpful staff. Spacious, clean and tidy rooms, bath rooms.
Rooms have flatscreen TV, much better than one room hotel with similar price. Since suites have separate room and living room area, family member can choose to watch TV while other is sleeping.
The place is at a very short distance from Stamford downtown, Train Station, I-95 and very easily accessible. They also provide shuttle service to downtown/train station.
Cheers,
Vivek

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vivek B
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Vivek B,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. You are absolutely right, we are located in a walking distance to Stamford Downtown. We are only 1/2 mile from I-95 and train station. I hope you were able to use our shuttle service while you were staying with us.

Thank you again for your comment. Your feedback is very important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservation.Look forward to welcoming you back here soon.

(203) 359-7303

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have stayed her before and so happy to see many updates. The new flat screen tv's major improvement. Was so happy to find out they now have a shuttle service to downtown for restaurants and to the train station, made my commute to the city very easy. No more cab fares. They don't have room service or some of the amenity's of a full service hotel, but the staff will help you with whatever you need and the location is ideal.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Arragon F
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Arragon F,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for us. Your feedback is much appreciated. And thank you for noticing our updates with flat screen TVs and our local shuttle service. I am happy to hear that you were able to utilize our value added amenities such as the shuttle that goes to the train station as well as local corporate offices and downtown area.

You are absolutely right. We do not have room service since we are a limited service hotel. However, our location is only one block away to restaurants in downtown. There are also a lot of restaurants that deliver to our hotel. Our shuttle can drop you off and pick you up from local restaurants as well. Shuttle service is scheduled Monday - Friday only.

Thank you for choosing our Stamford Suites Hotel as your hotel choice while you visited Stamford. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservation. I will gladly upgrade you to our Royal Suite (800sq.ft.). We hope to welcome you back here again soon.

(203) 359 - 7303