All reviewsfull kitchenseparate bedroomstop shopswimming pool ishalf mileunderground parkingcontinental breakfastroom servicestovefurniturecleanlinessnycgymdinershuttlechannels
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We spent 5 night with our two teenage sons at the Stamford Suites over Thanksgiving. We've stayed here numerous times and was pleasantly surprised to see that the suites have been updated with new carpet and freshly painted walls. The suite is very large, more like a one bedroom appartment with loads of space to spread out. The Kids stayed on the sofa bed and took over 1/2 of the living area. Its directly across from the police station so its very safe and there is ample above ground and underground parking. Easy walking distance to downtown area and numerous great restaurants. There is no resturant on site but with a kitchen and local delivery service from the nearby deii/dinner this is not an issue. The daily maid service even clarns your dishes in the kitchen. The bathroom has a signle jacuzzi tub, a little worn, but functional. I travel extensively for business and stay at far nicer and (of course) more expensive, however this hotel is perfect for families and longer term stays. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They even ordered a delivery Pizza for the kids on the first night of our stay as we were late for a nearby sushi dinner with my brother and his wife. We'll be back again soon.

Room Tip: I prefer a corner suite, but they are all bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank hookedonTravelVT
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for taking your time and posting a review for our Stamford Suites Hotel. And thank you for your repeating business. It was great to welcome you back again during the Thanksgiving holiday.

I am glad to hear that our spacious suite could accommodate your family comfortably. And yes, we clean dishes for you! Our daily maid service spends good amount of time to clean one suite to make sure your home away from home is spotlessly clean.

There are several restaurants in a walking distance from hotel, however, they do close around 10-11pm. I am glad that our Front Desk staff was keen enough to order pizza delivery for you.

We hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday with your family and hope to have you back here again soon. Please feel free to contact me for your next visit in Stamford and I will make sure you are upgraded to our corner suite.

Happy holidays!
203-359-7303

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Just what was needed and more: Clean, quiet, safe and in a good location. My trip was delayed thanks to the airlines. The staff was so helpful in taking care of things for me. The manager Ms. Taya really made me feel at easy by dealing with the airlines and the rental car company. Thank good they were there for me. Otherwise I would of lost it. The room was large, ample kitchen space and the hotels location is great. Once again it was the friendly staff that made my stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: The gym is worth checking out. Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank Coastalkat
Sansani C, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for taking your time in writing a review for our Stamford Suites. It was a pleasure having you here. I'm glad that our staff was able to assist you in dealing with the airlines and the rental car company. I hope your flights back home were pleasant.

Thank you for noticing our spacious suites. All of our suites equipped with full kitchen and a large living area to make sure our guests feel like home.

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

+1-203-359-7300

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Unhappy at another Stamford lodging, stumbled onto this facility and stayed two nights. Our suite had a nice bedroom; gigantac sitting/livingroom with a full kitchen!!! Frig, stove, microwave, breakfast bar. Reasonably priced. It is an older facility but well kept. Breakfast is just coffee and Danish as compared to a more full free breakfast at other facilities. Parking is free in an uncovered lot. Seems to be ideal if one needs to do some meals in the room. We will stay there next year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Papaleadfoot

Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our Stamford Suites. And thank you for noticing our spacious suite with full kitchen and a large living area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you had a chance to enjoy cooking in our kitchen and hope you felt like home. It’s a pleasure having you here.

We can’t wait to have you back here at our hotel. See you next year!

Best Regards,
+1-203-359-7300

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked a month long stay at the Stamford Suites for my boyfriend and two kids but I was pleasant surprised that the place surpassed all my expectation. These rooms are the biggest rooms I have seen for the price range, and since I was traveling with a family, I deeply appreciated the extra square footage. The front desk was very welcoming, and made sure we were comfortable during our entire stay. Free parking, breakfast, and wifi are a bonus. Overall an excellent value that won't put stress on your wallet. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling with a family, or just looking to unwind in their own big suite. Side note: I'm also happy to hear about the big renovation on the hotel, since this place can only get better. Looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank otherbrooklyn
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my wife and 2 young children. Location-wise, the suites are first rate - only a five minute walk downtown. Parking is free and plentiful. Price is excellent.

You are basically getting a one bedroom apartment - big kitchen, living area, bath and bedroom with 2 double/queen beds. Square footage would be impressive. But, the room felt very dated and wasn't as clean as you'd expect or like which certainly put my wife on the back foot. This felt to me more like an aparthotel where people stay extended periods of time away from their family and spend little time in their rooms, but like to stretch out once in a while.

TV had about 10 channels (would have obviously liked more) and the bathroom, although having a whirlpool bath (which I would never have used in a month of sundays due to the cleanliness aspects mentioned earlier) was old and in need of a remodelling - basically the whole place could have had some TLC.

No bar or restaurant, the lobby resembled more an entrance to a business, but the receptionist was kind and chatty.

Free internet access - you had to get a log-in from reception.

To summise, great location and price, but the place is in need of love. If they spent something on this they could increase their rates and happily get away with it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank SubaruDriver
stamfordmanager, Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and front desk hospitality, and we are sorry for any issues that you experienced while staying at our hotel. We are currently under new management and are in the process of renovating all the rooms to alleviate any and all concerns you have brought up in your review.

When the full renovations are complete, you will see upgraded carpeting and furniture, along with upgraded media capabilities in the rooms. We hope to achieve all the targets we have set for ourselves and it's review like your own that allows us to understand the true impact of our changes.

We invite you to stay with us again once our renovations are complete to experience the new hotel and we again thank you for taking the time out to give us your thoughts on your recent stay.

Best regards,