“LOVE this hotel”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Connecticut
“LOVE this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed here twice in the past 3 weeks with friends and I absolutely love it. The hotel is in downtown Stamford (very safe and so close to the mall!) I'll start with parking. They have a parking garage which I as a single woman felt pretty safe getting to and from my car at any time of day/night.
The lobby is huge and all of the decor is nice and updated but I didnt spend any time here using internet or anything so thats all I have for ya in that dept.

Our room was on the 10th floor which is like their executive level and you can only access this floor if you have a key card for a room there which I really liked becaaaaause theres a lounge with some comfy seating and is usually stocked with snacks/fresh fruit. Theres also a cocktail hour where they serve appetizers and ALCOHOL lol Lots of chilled wine.

THE ROOM- I'm very picky about hotels/hotel rooms. And I was more than pleased with the room. Its not a huge room but there was about 7 of us hanging out in a King room at once and we didnt feel like we were all on top of each other. The bathroom was gorgeous and I cant stress enough how CLEAN everything was. Especially the linens. I feel so much more comfortable with crips white linens because you cant get away with not washing whites in between guests. I'm the type of person who doesnt let my bare skin touch hotel furniture and I always throw the top "decorative" blanket off in the corner because they gross me out. I didnt have to do that here. The bed is also beyond comfortable amazing I slept ALL day it was ridiculous. Also, the breakfast buffet is cheap and delicious but not much of a variety. But then again there arent that many breakfast foods to begin with.
If youre coming to stamford STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 10th floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank AmenityzGalore
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your review of our recent stay: we are happy to hear that everything was enjoyable. It is great that you were able to enjoy so many features of the hotel throughout the day, and in the evening you were met with a crisp, clean room for a great night's rest. We hope you are able to continue your stays with us in the future, and thank you again for your review.

Sheraton Stamford Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Stamford for a friend's wedding. The front desk staff and concierge were extremely accommodating and helpful. The rooms were pretty standard, but they were very clean and quiet. The lobby was bright. The hotel itself was very convenient - highway, train station, restaurants and nightlife were all close by. The complimentary shuttle is also a big plus. We came with a car but used the shuttle so that we didn't have to worry about parking. No complaints - we had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your time with us was enjoyable and you found our amenities to your liking. It's also great to hear you had very positive experiences with our team. We do strive for the highest level of guest service and it is always motivating to hear about positive experiences. Our shuttle service is also a helpful amenity here in Stamford with so much to do around town, and even for getting back and forth to a special event such as yours. Thank you again for your stay and your review, and we hope your travels bring you back to Stamford and to our hotel again.

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just a quick one-night stay here after attending a family event in Stamford. Chose the Sheraton cause we are a Starwood member and wanted the points. Stay was problem-free. We didn't experience much of the hotel as we weren't there too long. Gigantic lobby with plenty of check-in staff, a very large lounge, sitting and bar area. Typical Sheraton computer set-up, I forget what they call it, but didn't use the them. Room was on the Starwood preferred floor without asking. Clean and comfortable room with King size bed, flat screen tv, with nice interactive menu and standard amenities including free water for Starwood members. Like I said wasn't there that long, crashed kind of early with room service, had a nice sleep, and some room service. If you are in the Stamford area would high recommend staying here as the rate was very inexpensive and the hotel definitely lived up to expectations for this kind of stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property. We are happy to hear that everything went well and we were able to meet your expectations; especially being a Starwood Preferred Guest and due to expect a high level of service. We do feature an entirely renovated property with a large lobby and atrium, the Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft business center, and spacious guest rooms. It is great to hear that even on your limited stay with us that you were still able to enjoy key amenities for our property and that all met your expectations. Thank you again for your review, and may it be for a short stay or for a longer trip, we hope to see you again.

Schenectady
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was doing an arts show in White Plains, NY and it is cheaper to stay there, 15-20 minutes away and save some money. I decided to use Priceline, and put in a low-ball price for a 3 1/2 to 4 star hotel to see what I'd get. I put in a price of $63, similar to other, lower star hotels, and it was accepted. As you know, you are now committed. The $64 per nite didn't include various taxes and fees which brought it up to $78 per night, so now I'm spending much more than I intended. OK, lesson learned re: Priceline. When I got there, dead tired from loading for my show and a long hot day's drive, I was informed of a $10 parking fee to park in THEIR GARAGE. Furthermore, the ceilings on the parking garage are so low they almost removed the items I had strapped to the top of my SUV just entering the garage. Fortunately, I found space in the first level before the ceilings lowered to about 7 feet tops. I later learned, on checkout, the fee was $10 PER NITE. I'm no famous world traveller, so maybe I'm naive, but I've never heard of a hotel charging me to park in their garage--not a separate building, but a garage built in to the hotel.
The room was great, the desk was helpful. Good drinks at the bar. The only place you can use the internet on your laptop, for no charge, is in the lobby, and then only for 2 hours. In your room, it's (yes) another $10 per night fee. As a business trip, this cut into my profits. There's plenty of other hotels in Stamford that are just as comfortable for much less money with free parking and free WiFi. Sorry Sheraton.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rapalm
, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Please accept our thanks leaving us your comments regarding your recent stay. We are always looking for opportunities to better ourselves and this is one of the best ways to find areas to improve.

For our parking garage, you are correct that it is at a $10 per night fee, which we do clearly mark on our website as well as in the garage. This is common practice among hotels, and if you stay at most other hotels in Stamford, as an example, they will also apply a parking charge. The $10 per night charge is much less than comparable garages within Stamford and is privately used and monitored for our hotel.

We do offer complimentary wireless internet throughout our lobby and public spaces along with numerous computers and printers. Our nightly in-room internet charge is $10 per night, which is also comparable to other competitors within Stamford and beyond.

We are happy to hear that you did find your room pleasing, our staff helpful and an enjoyable bar experience. With such a great rate through Priceline, and an enjoyable stay overall, hopefully you will still find these points worth the additional costs. Thank you again for your review, and we do hope to have you with us again.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great hotel. it has a free shuttle that will drive you in any direction 3 miles or less. Great food in the hotel restaurant. Great cafe.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are pleased to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable. Our complimentary shuttle service definitely comes in handy, and we're glad that you were able to take pleasure in our food and beverage outlets. Thanks so much for your review and we hope to have you with us again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We got married at this hotel 3 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn (It was very nice) Now with the Sheraton it is even better. First off the beds were GREAT!!! Better than our own mattress :)
It is Pet Friendly and we bought our dog with us. The staff was very friendly room service was great and the breakfast buffet is out of this world. We will come back every year to celebrate our anniversary

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
We are thrilled that you continue to enjoy our property year after year; thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you found our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding extremely comfortable, our staff friendly, our breakfast buffet delicious, and that you were genuinely welcomed along with your pet. We look forward to having you with us again. Thank you again for the review, and happy anniversary!

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Very clean hotel with friendly staff; great beds and large flat screen tv's. I ordered room service and the food was great! My only problem/complaint is this hotel charges for Internet usage $10 per day. I could maybe understand a one time only charge. This is ridiculous as I brought my iPad for my trip and wanted to use it for business purposes in my room. I was certainly not going to pay 10 per day/ 4 days. $40 extra dollars just for internet? Oh and get this they charge 10 or 12 dollars per day for parking. So now 40 just for parking and 40 for Internet on top of the room price. If you go down the street a bit I'm sure there are plenty of hotels without the "hidden fees"

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
We appreciate taking the time to send us your review. It's great to hear that you found the hotel overall an enjoyable experience including our guest rooms, meals, and customer service. You are correct about the charges for internet and parking, and in a city such as Stamford you will find these amenities at a charge at similar quality hotels. We do advertise all of these costs quite visibly, and apologize that you found them to be "hidden fees".

That being said, we do offer complimentary internet throughout our public spaces and even complimentary access to our new computers and printers. In addition, we are now part of the"Make a Green Choice" with Starwood which will award you with a $5 voucher at at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure). This can be applied to select outlets and can be used toward parking as well. We hope that these offerings, paired with our property and customer service, will have you join us for another stay in the future. Thank you again for your review.