Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Courtyard
$198
$181
1,235 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungenorthern lightsmall across the streetkona grilltrain stationthe entire stafffront desk staffbusiness triphome away from homeshuttle servicefitness centernew yorkself parkinginto nycfree shuttlerogergreeter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2009

So we pulled into the hotel entrance, exhausted after having just driven 6 hours. Ready for a shower & comfy bed, when we find out we had accidentally booked the OTHER Marriott in Stamford. The woman at check-in took care of canceling for us & rebooking with them. Phew! We even saved about $20.

From that point forward everyone was gracious, the service impeccable, the room lovely. Even the room service food was the best we had ever tasted, believe it or not.

Bear in mind, we're from San Francisco, so we are accustomed to high prices. So when we had to pay $179 for one night for 2 doubles (AAA rate), we didn't think it sounded so horrible. Even the parking ($12 if you park yourself, $18 for valet) was not a big surprise.

One small gripe- I was very disappointed in the fact that they charge $10 for in-room internet. I think it should definitely be included in the room rate. You can go downstairs to use the business center's internet without paying, but really, it should be included with the room.

My husband used the pool and said it was small but very nice. I was too lazy to hit the gym the next morning, but took a peak & it was pretty damn good. Surprising how many people were in there, but it still didn't feel overly crowded.

The hotel is easy access- right off I-95, but when you get off, turn right onto Canal & then right again on Tresser. Don't pay attention to your GPS that says differently. We ended up back on the freeway!

All in all, a great stay and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I am living in manhattan in a small apartment like many people do in the city, and I wanted to have a weekend getaway in a nice, comfortable place escaping from a busy city life. My friend from CT recommended stamford down town. After using a bidding site, I got the room with very resonable price. The hotel was nice, room was not that big but clean and comfortable. They have outdoor pool, sauna and Jaccuzi. A big mall with lots of restaurants were within walking distance as well.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
mdr0214, Management at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2009

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. Stamford is a wonderful weekend getaway choice due to its close proximity to NYC(40 min). It's a great escape from the busy city anytime of the year! Don't forget that we are within walking distance to the Metro North station as well if you decide to take a train ride up from Grand Central Terminal the next time you visit!

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I'm disgusted. I stayed here for two nights and woke up after the second night with itchy bites on my left forearm. I also found a small bug on the sheets, which I later identified as a bed bug. By the time I got home, I had two dozen red welts all over my arms, neck, and back. I can only pray they didn't come home with me. I'm living a nightmare and am spending a fortune on bed bug prevention. I called the hotel desk immediately to inform them of the problem. But it didn't sound like they were going to do anything about it. BEWARE! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank ECGNY347
mdr0214, Management at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Recently, all hotels have faced an increase in bed bug claims that are of serious concern to guests and hotel operators alike. On the rare occasions when we are notified of a possible bed bug issue we respond immediately with a professional environmental expert to inspect the room. Sometimes they find that the claims are not legitimate, but when they are the room is treated to prevent any recurrence of the problem. We take all such matters very seriously.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

One of the highest priced in the area plus be prepared to pay an additional $12 for parking and $10 a night for internet service. 5 Minutes away in Norwalk there are comparable hotels at 50% less with free parking, free internet service and less expensive dining. Example: Doubletree in Norwalk has almost identical rooms, a better Gym and indoor poor for about $100 less. Too rich for my blood...but nothing special offered for the extra $$$

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Indy718
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Let me start with I've been a pretty diehard Starwood follower and have elite status with them for a while, but with them getting rid of hotels left and right in Stamford and CT the pickings were slim so I decided to give the Marriott a try. It was the best choice I ever made. The price was reasonable, yeah it's $12/night for self-parking but with in and out it isn't so bad. The room was very up to date with fantastic showers everything was clean and room smelled fresh. Checking in and out were speedy without any issues, by a professional front desk staff. The experience was so positive that I've decided to convert my membership to Marriott Rewards and will be staying at a few other Marriott properties coming up. I truly enjoyed it, I hope you will too.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
HotelManagerMJ, Owner Representative at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

Thank you very much for your positive comments about your recent stay at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa. I was especially happy to hear your check-in process was so quick and simple--it appears our training program is working well.

We look forward to your next stay with us!