“Thank you, Marriott for keeping your online reservations up to the minute”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had planned to stay in Edison, but got burned by another chain that can't keep it's reservations straight and overbooked their hotel, selling our room to a walk-in. At 9pm everything in the area was pretty full, so we left NJ for Stamford at a late hour (our ultimate destination was north of Boston). I made the reservation on my smart phone through their website and it was easy and accurate. It's in the middle of the city but I was surprised that I couldn't hear city noise and a sound spa machine was on my nightstand, but I didn't need it. The building is old and the bathroom small with a pocket door, but the towels were extra large and fluffy and the soaps and shampoo samples were fancy aromatherapy things. The shower had 2 spouts - one directly above and one from the wall in the normal spot. The bed and beddings very soft and comfy and we slept well after a tiring previous evening. We weren't thrilled about the $18 parking fee for overnight, but the garage and lobby were well-staffed by polite, pleasant and helpful people and check-in and checkout were very fast for a place that size and looking busy.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, relatively close to the elevator, but didn't really hear anything to m...
There are newer reviews for Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Based on previous reviews, I thought the hotel would be better than it was. The customer service was good, no complaints. All of the staff I encountered seemed anxious to serve. The hotel fell short on the basics though - bed, bathroom, room air quality.

Pros:
Good breakfast for family, when included in room rate. Omelets made to order.
Location is across the street from a large mall with a good selection of restaurants & natl. retailers (Gap, H&M, Macy's, Barnes&Noble, etc.)
Updated décor
Nice view
Free wifi in rooms - that's a real bonus.

Cons:
Had to change rooms. First room's main door to the hallway was coming off a hinge and the room overall smelled like an old mop. Thankfully, we were given another room with no questions asked.
No bathtubs, only showers - roman bath type walk-in showers (no doors). Wish I had known in advance. Would have brought a shower cap
Water collects on bathroom floor when shower in use (no doors)
No shower caps in rooms. Shouldn't that be included since there's no bathtub option?
Toilet flushes really loudly, like a train going through the bathroom. Not good for a couple with small kids trying to sleep through the night
The toilets seemed unusually low to the ground.
Bed was for people who like REALLY SOFT beds. Not a good night's rest for either of us.

Our room rate for one night was considerably higher than other hotels in the area. For that reason, I would have hoped for a better experience. I travel often enough and have never seen a hotel with no bathtubs. It may not be a big deal for many, but it's a significant enough feature that it should be advertised as such. Families with young kids need bathtubs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding our hotel. We're very pleased that you enjoyed our service, and that our free WiFi was to your liking, but I do want to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced as well. It is completely understandable that you would prefer a tub for your children, and I did want to inform you that only about half of our rooms are shower only. If you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future, please let us know that you would prefer a bathtub and we'll be certain to make that happen for you. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The staff at the Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa went above and beyond to accommodate an early check in on Wednesday of this week. I flew to the East coast on a red eye flight and truly needed the early room to clean up and prepare for my meetings that began at noon.

Not only were 2 rooms prepared within 40 minutes of our arrival at 10:15am; the chef made us an early lunch from the menu (a Salmon Caesar salad that is probably the best I have ever had).

From the front desk, to housekeeping, to doormen, waitress and chef; I was taken care of like family. Thank you. It is properties like yours that keep me a loyal Marriott patron.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This Marriott is good for a quick stay in Stamford. It's minutes from the highway, across the street from a nice mall and close distance to many restaurants. The room was fine. Nice, clean and comfy beds. The bathroom was very impressive with two shower heads and newly updated. We ate at Sam's in the lobby for breakfast...not impressed. $15 for a basic breakfast that wasn't anything better then a diners. I would stay here again if visiting.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am an event producer and this past week I hosted 2 events at the Marriott Stamford. Both were very different in nature, but we're handled so professionally by the entire staff. Lynn Coppola is beyond a doubt the best at her job. She is patient and accommodating and gets what you need.
The waitstaff headed by Virginia and Bobby are excellent. The food for both events met with rave reviews from the attendees.
Don't hesitate to book your next event here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Big rooms - Beds soft and comfortable and a nice breakfast were the good bits

Loud air conditioning - but only when it kicks off - towels smelled of chlorine too - which is weird in a so called green hotel...

Central to the mall and shopping - and too noisy. (railroad line I guess).

Room Tip: Pay extra for the breakfast and ask for a high floor room....
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Although I am pleased you felt our beds were comfortable, I do want to apologize for the noise issues you described. I have informed our engineering team to focus their preventive maintenance efforts on our A/C units, especially as we head into the warmer months. I have also forwarded your comments regarding the bleach smell to our Laundry Manager so she can address any odor issues associated with our linen and terry. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we have an opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I have business in the area several times a year and we stay at the Marriott Stamford as a date night instead of fighting our way home in Friday traffic. The hotel has easy access to I 95. The staff is always accommodating but this time even more so. As we entered the lobby from the parking garage we were greeted and asked if we were checking in and immediately were whisked to the check in. The greeter was the check in clerk waiting for the next arrival. How great is that. She had our name and was punching in the info before the bags hit the floor. Our special room request was verified and accommodated. We announced we were going to the bar and left our bags. Arriving at the bar it seemed the bartender was waiting for us and service was swift. Great location great staff and don't miss the breakfast. Omelets made to order.

Room Tip: We stay on the 2nd floor to be close to the outstanding spa.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!