“Great Stay, Friendly Service”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Stay, Friendly Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here Mother's day weekend with my partner and two small dogs. Front desk was super friendly. So great that the Marriott is pet friendly. Rooms for people with pets are on floor 1 and 2. Room 201 worked nicely. The room was small but was great for 1 night stay as we were in town for friends baby shower. While some of the carpeting in the hotel and room can stand to be updated and a few things minor things not worth mentioning. The bed was super comfortable. We pre-ordered breakfast and they were at the door in the morning like clock work. Parking was easy, $18 per day and you get in and out with your room key and charged to room. check out was very easy. Very very happy with our stay here.

Green Features: Very happy to see the signs in the bathroom on Marriott efforts to be environmentally friendly. Very refreshing
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Thai first
New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Booked a room for a mini getaway. Needed some time to rest so I booked a room and made reservations at the spa. The spa was wonderful! Great staff, beautiful space. Very relaxing. My hotel room was very nice....very comfortable, quiet and quite spacious. The pool area needed some attention....but was adequate for my needs. I loved the proximity to the mall across the street so shopping was great! The restaurant on site was ok, not great. I wish I had other restaurants on site to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott for two nights on business. I arrived late and the check-in was friendly and efficient. When I got near the room, I heard some very loud noise coming through the door... it was the air conditioning unit. Deafening noise. Had I needed it during the night, I would not have been able to sleep. When I switched it off, I could then hear the neighbouring room air cond unit.... I started unpacking and slid the warderobe door open and it fell off.. the sliding door of the bathroom had been pushed so far in the frame that I could not get it back out to shut it. The bed was comfortable. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for informing us of the maintenance issues you encountered, and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We were certainly learn from your feedback and address your concerns for our future guests. Although I understand your sentiment that you would prefer to not stay here again, I hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if you return to the Stamford area, and we would be happy to assist you with your reservations and ensure your next visit is flawless.
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a room at the Stamford Marriott for my boyfriend's 30th birthday, so that we could go to dinner and out with family who had traveled to visit. We all stayed at the hotel and found it incredibly inviting, convenient and comfortable. The rooms and service made us feel that we were on a luxurious vacation, rather than just down the street from home. The hotel manager, Evan, was incredibly accommodating and made our stay unforgettable. Our family has vowed to never stay anywhere else. There are several restaurants, shopping centers and bars within walking distance of the hotel and a shuttle for the those places a little further away. I would highly recommend this location to anyone visiting the area or just looking for a "staycation" you could really enjoy.

Richmond Hill, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. For 309 a night I expected a little bit more. It was a pretty dated hotel. The beds were comfortable.

Location was good. Across from the mall.

The executive lounge was pretty basic. Had drinks and chips, some fruits in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning.

All in all, it was just ok. Nothing special.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Massapequa Park, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have been staying at the Stamford Marriott for over 15 years and this last stay (May 2014) was far and away the best yet.We live on Long Island and the Stamford is a very convenient hour and fifteen minute drive. The restaurant staff is outstanding and the breakfast is something to really enjoy. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly and with couldn't do enough. The bar is a place you can relax and enjoy speaking with people. Many fine restaurants and the Stamford Shopping Mall are a short walk across the street. Of course there is all of Stamford to explore for more fine restaurants Over the years we have seen this hotel change and now it has changed again and improved and we look forward to our next "get away" visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with 17 as last digits are a bit bigger and near the elevators, which you do not hear.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 8, 2014

While the hotel is well located and the base rate reasonable, we had a difficult stay with very loud neighbors and indifferent staff. I have no issue with charging $18 for parking, but they should inform you at the time of reservation. I would have stayed elsewhere if I knew I had to pay to park. I feel I was tricked.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I'd like to apologize to you for any disturbances that were caused by other guests of the hotel, and am certainly disappointed if our team did not respond to those concerns in a timely or efficient manner. I assure you we will address this appropriately, as we certainly understand the importance of our guests receiving a good night's rest.
I'd also like to apologize that you were not made aware of our parking fees before your arrival. If we are given another opportunity to host you in the future, please feel free to contact the hotel directly, and we'd be happy to explain some different rate packages to you that include items such as parking, breakfast, and even train tickets to New York City.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!