“Perfect Wedding Weekend”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked our Wedding room block and an after Wedding breakfast for our friends and family with the Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa. We were so fortunate to work with Sales Manager, Mike Reeber, he worked fast and efficiently fielding every question, relieving any worry and truly worked so hard to ensure we were happy with of all preparations. The Assistant Director of Catering Lynne Coppola worked to create a breakfast menu that fit our needs and our budget. She did an amazing job setting up the event, it was such a nice way to say goodbye to our friends and family. The food was hot, fresh and so delicious. The servers at the event were so polite and worked quickly assisting all of our guests making sure everyone was happy. Joe, another sales manager, was working the day of our Wedding truly went above and beyond throughout the day. We took all of our formal photos in their Pavilion room, which was beautiful by the way, Joe made sure all of our friends and family we comfortable and was on hand the entire time helping with our every need. Friday and Saturday night we stayed in a Suite, it was so big and beautiful. It made the weekend even more amazing. The Parlor room was so spacious we were able to entertain all of our friends and family throughout the weekend and all of the ladies were able to prepare for the wedding in true comfort. The entire hotel staff, including the front desk, the bell service, the gentleman at the front door, the maid service, the servers, and bar staff in the restaurants were absolutely amazing! We are so pleased with how everything turned out. It made our wedding weekend so much more than we could have ever expected. The hotel is clean and beautiful, the staff is polite and professional and the rates are reasonable. I highly recommend the Stamford Marriott and Spa if you’re planning an event in the area or just staying for an overnight.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend relaxation getaway from NYC and I am very glad I chose it. The hotel is accessible from NYC by Metro North, conveniently located across from a mall that includes several dining options. The hotel facilities are nice and clean. My room was super clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom amenities are good too. During my stay I visited the gym and I was very satisfied with the variety of machines, the complementary headphones and the fruits available. The hotel also has an indoor and an pool to suit all tastes. The staff is courteous and very helpful. I had a great time at this hotel and for that reason I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yenny f
MReeber, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks so much for mentioning how easy it is to get from NYC to Stamford—with Metro North, we’re just 45 minutes from Midtown. Glad that you enjoyed our fitness center, we’re constantly keeping our Lifefitness equipment up to date, so that you can enjoy a great workout. See you on your next stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is first time in three years I have added a review to trip advisor so that must tell you something, we had 4 nights in theHilton Vacation Club West 57th St New York. And 3 nights at the Marriott at Stamford which was much better. Why ? friendlier staff every person, great rooms, good value and you were made to feel at home and nothing was to much trouble 10/10. Plus fantastic little town Stamford I would highly reccomend for a few days chilling out after a visit to New York or similar.

Phil and Chrissie Doncaster UK..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I’m so glad to hear that you had a great experience. I sincerely appreciate your kind words about our Team; we are so lucky to have such great people! Please know that we will be sure to share your comments throughout our entire Team. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice rooms, spacious and clean. The front desk staff, and concierge desk is very helpful and friendly. Hop on a shuttle bus, that will take you to a few close attractions in Stamford. Shopping is down the street and a lot of very good reastauants nearby, a short walk from the hotel. The buffet breakfast was ok, and in the three days there, only 1 very grumpy waiter at breakfast the first morning, (he did not want to be there i guess) but the rest of the staff were very good.

Room Tip: Check the website for this hotel, you may come accoss a deal.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here with friends, and had a great time. My smartphone started to die and I had left my charger at home, but a staffer at the front desk found me one, and told me I could keep it! There's also a Starbucks on site as well as a hair salon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for writing about your recent stay. Glad to see that our Front Desk was able to help locate a phone charger for you. As always, please let us know how we can help at any point during your stay. See you soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed there with my family(two adults and two toddlers). I was little concerned as this was the first time we were staying for a week. The staff was just top notch. They made sure we had the most comfortable stay

Front desk staff was extremely sensitive to our situation and gave two adjacent rooms(for a single room price). As I have status with Marriott, my family could use Concierge for breakfast and snacks. Quality of breakfast and snacks in Concierge was top class. My kids called this fun room :) as they could cookies, candy, yogurt, fruits etc etc. Staff was very caring and very friendly through out the stay. Pool was nice, clean and warm. My kids went to pool almost every day. Shuttle bus staff was friendly and took my family where they wanted to go. They were prompt and very helpful with luggage etc.

I am in travelling job and have been travelling for last 7 years. I stayed at multiple Marriot locations, JW, Westin etc But to me this was the best stay ever. The staff(front desk, Concierge, shuttle etc) was just amazing. Thanks Marriott Stamford for an awesome stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sreedhar_mr
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown stamford across from a mall with good eats. We spent a night there on an award. Very impressed by the front desk welcome. We had our dog with us and paid the 49 pet fee plus self park for 15. As a good gesture since we were on an award night and still paying out of pocket the clerk offered us access to the club lounge. Good customer service! makes me feel more loyal to the brand. The HEATED pool was an awesome bonus since weather was cool and most pools arent heated. The room was good. We had no view and low floor but thats to be expected when bringing a pet. overall good stay nice property and friendly customer service oriented staff.

Room Tip: if youre not bringing fido, high floor facing the water has awesome views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Courtyard by Marriott Stamford Downtown

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!