“Was a nice hotel in 1996...probably...”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I should have listened when my colleagues warned me away from this hotel. Aside from the parking deck being held up by temporary bolts and patches, and the lobby designed like a maze, the hotel looks like 1996 Marriott decor. The public spaces are maintained, but plain.

The restaurant looks like every Marriott I've ever been to. The service was okay, but not great. The food is the same as every other hotel. My room had a terrible bed with a pit in the middle and a soft lumpy mattress. The room smelled musty, like it hadn't been used in a long time.

It is $35/night cheaper than its neighbors, and now I see why.

Not the worst hotel ever, but only a backup on my list...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new mattress...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainSteveG
MReeber, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

My sincerest apologies on your past stay with us, as I’m never happy to hear of anyone having a less than wonderful experience. We really strive to provide the best service and accommodations in Stamford, however based upon your candid feedback, it does not seem as though we provided an exceptional stay. I hope that we are able to make up for your experience in the near future. Please let us know when you are traveling to Stamford next.

There are newer reviews for Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is in a very good location, walking distance from the Towncenter shopping, train station and downtown restaurants. The Shuttle was very nice surprise, taking me everyday to work. Extremely good Wi-Fi, I mean, really good!!! Heated pool and gym were nice too.

They have a laundry room with washing machine and dryer (coin operated) and also same day dry-cleaner. All services rendered were very professional and everyone was very nice.

Can't tell much about the value since I stayed on a corporate rate.

The only issue would be the breakfast, from my perspective, a limited selection of breads and no cold cuts, price was also expensive for what you get (around $20).

Would stay here again...

Room Tip: Try rooms that end in 1...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MReeber, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We know how important WiFi access is when you're traveling; so we've recently upgraded both guestroom and meeting space WiFi to be easy to connect with and really fast. Also, we’re so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool; we look forward to opening the outdoor portion of it in just about a month. See you soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night because it fits a very useful sweet spot: The hotel doesn't get much use from its primary client base (business travelers) on the weekend, which drops the rates down to the point where they're one-half or even one-third the price of comparably-apportioned hotels in New York City. The hotel is right by the Metro-North/Amtrak station, which offers 45-minute train rides into Grand Central (M-N) or Penn Station (Amtrak) and back through the wee hours of the morning. Self-parking was something like $12-$16.

The room itself isn't incredible, but it's an extra 150 square feet versus what you would get in New York at twice the price. Highlight was the bathroom, which had an impressive number of amenities amidst pretty packaging. I did nearly slip and injure myself, but I'm chalking that one up to my own klutziness. Hotel is close enough to the highway that it can be a little noisy if you're on that side, but on the bright side, that also allows for easy access out. Surrounding area has little charm, especially on a weekend night, so plan on having a car or staying in the hotel. Service was consistently a little condescending across the front desk and gift shop.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank latrell1

Thanks for taking the time to send in a review about your most recent stay with us. We really appreciate you pointing out that our hotel is only about a 10-minute walk from the Metro North and Amtrak station. Traveling back and forth to NYC is super easy! See you soon on your next trip.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our Group has stayed in the Marriott Stamford for a week or two a couple times a year for the last 3 years, This Hotel is a Normal in Architecture, and of First Glance everything you would expect, But there is something special that may not be notice in a one night's stay, But as you get to know the hotel and its staff , It is the most pleasurable group of people I have ever seen working as one in a hotel , From the Hostess and restaurant staff, Concierge, Valets , Shuttle drivers , Front Desk personal, Management, maintenance and maid staff, are the most energetic staff I have ever witness working as one. They are polite and courteous to the patrons and even more so within themselves, This Hotel is a pleasure to stay at, more and more ,and will make you feel at home once you become to know them, I highly recommend it for longer stays and group bookings, they are an absolute pleasure to work with. There are 4 and 5 star hotels out there, The Marriott Stamford has its own status "Wonderful"

Bobby Thrasher
Ninety-Ten Group

1  Thank bthras58
MReeber, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review and kind words about our Staff. We are so lucky to work with such a phenomenal group of people everyday! They are the true reason that we have so many happy guests like you. We certainly hope that we will see you and your group soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've stayed here a few times and always find it a welcoming place.

Positive change over previous visits, the wifi is now free to use.

Morning staff in the breakfast are friendly and helpful, and create a positive start to the day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MReeber, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we really appreciate your great feedback! So glad to hear that you are enjoying our complimentary internet! Did you know that we also have complimentary WiFi in our lobby? There are plenty of outlets to charge your laptop and lots of comfy chairs to relax in. See you soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room was as expected with 2 double beds instead of the king I asked for. The internet was faster than most hotels I've stayed in. The bed was very comfortable as expected in a Marriott. the sleep was good and traffic slowed about 9:00 to get to sleep. The shower was superb with plenty of hot water and both an overhead and front facing shower head (felt like I was in a warm rain storm). All of the staff was perfect and the only real downside about the stay was the cost of parking.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Stamford are the best view.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was working in CT and need a hotel and the company I was with put me up here great place clean room great hotel. Room was a 1 - 2 bed room i was here for 1 night was the perfect place to sleep shower and get ready for work the next day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Crowne Plaza Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#5 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!