Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
$67
Travelocity
Average 3/5
1,231 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungenorthern lightsmall across the streetkona grilltrain stationthe entire stafffront desk staffbusiness triphome away from homeshuttle servicefitness centernew yorkself parkinginto nycfree shuttlerogergreeter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I had a quick-hit business trip to Stamford in August 2012. This hotel is in a good location. It's a comfortable 15 minute walk to the Amtrak/MetroNorth station and just across the street from some great chain restaurants (Capital Grille, CPK, etc.). The hotel was clean and generally what you'd expect for a business stay -- moderate size, relatively newly updated, but nothing outstanding.

I would stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: The view of i-95 was surprisingly pleasant!
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed overnight with my family as my husband had a meeting in the area. We figured it would be fun time for the kids and we were all looking forward to swimming in the pool and relaxing. Upon arrival my bathroom was dirty ( clumped wet toilet paper on cabinets and hairs all along the edges of the floor) I requested it be recleaned-and it was, but not without a rude comment from the housekeeper stating the bathroom was "not that bad". My husband and I ordered 2 beers for room service, were told 45minutes- ok fine. But, it took an hour and 15 and the beer was flat and no longer cold. I mentioned the beer had looked liek it had been sitting and the room service attendant just smiled and handed over the bill. At this point I was frustrated but I did not want to ruin our stay so I decided it would be a good time to go to the pool. The Marriott should be embarrassed of their pool, bottom line. In pictyres it looked beautiful but in actuality the cement flooring was cracked in multiple spots. Paint chipped all over the place, wet towels everywhere and it had an overall dirty look to it. The best part of my stay was leaving, and going to eat at Morton's Steakhouse which was fabulous (will review!). I sent a letter to the manager and never got a response and called their corporate # and was ensured I would receive a call back withing 5 days. It's been two weeks. I will never stay at this Marriott again and would be very hesitant to stay at another Marriott anywhere due to the lack of follow up. Shame on you Marriott/!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
mdr0214, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I regret to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable experience. There is certainly no reason to receive a room that is anything less than perfect. We do appreciate your feedback on the exterior of the pool as we agree that it needs to be refinished along with other normal pool maintenance. We take all guest feedback seriously as we always strive to make each stay an enjoyable one. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and do hope to welcome you back during your next trip.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Marriott Stamford backs up to I-95 and is close to the restaurants/shopping of downtown Stamford. Check in wasn't bad considering there were guests all over the place.

Platinum status earned me a junior suite upgrade. My room was on the 16th floor and was very spacious. The room opened to the living room; two chairs, a couch, large ottoman, large flatscreen tv. The king sized bed was very comfortable as per usual with any Marriott in the U.S. The bathroom had two sinks separated from the toilet and large walk in shower. The shower had the rain style showerhead and a normal one. Ten people could've easily fit in the shower--awkwardly, of course.

The concierge lounge is closed on the weekends so I was given a voucher for free breakfast. The $18 buffet was nice, complete with an omelet station. The pool is 60% indoors 40% outside. Probably 20 lounge chairs are available outside. Self parking was $12 or $14 while valet was $18, I think.

Classic Marriott, nothing amazingly special but still a nice hotel and always a solid choice. I will be back. 4 stars.

Room Tip: Higher up gives views of Long Island Sound
2  Thank InNYfromGA
pgriffith, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We are glad to hear that your enjoyed your recent stay with us in Stamford and that we were able to upgrade your room upon arrival! Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel as well as our close proximity to the Stamford Town Center Mall. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Stamford.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Given the number of businesses that exist in and around Stamford, it is surprising that this is the best business hotel in the area. The room I had was large and had a desk large enough and with enough power outlets to work. An upgrade to concierge level brings free internet with it but access to the concierge lounge is over-rated except for the free breakfast. Well located close to the Stamford Mall and including a decent bar, this continues to be the only place worth staying at in the area whenever I visit.

Room Tip: Try not to go towards the end of the building close to the highway. Very noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
pgriffith, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the breakfast in our Concierge Lounge was a great addition. Also, we are pleased to hear that you enjoy how close our hotel is to the Stamford Town Center. They have wonderful restaurants and over 100 stores. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Stamford.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was at the Stamford Marriott for 1 night on business travel. The hotel was centrally located to the downtown Stamford area. The train station is about a $7 cab ride. Concierge lounge was very nice with views overlooking train station and waterfront. Rooms were large and the beds were very comfortable. Food quality was great. A medium rare filet that arrives to your room at the perfect temperature is hard to accomplish at most places the team here nailed it.

This property can be very busy at times and you could have some delays waiting on the elevators. Noise was not an issue, my room was very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us and that your experience with Room Service was superb. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Stamford.