“Nice pleasant stay”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My Husband and I always stay at Marriott and I must say that we were not disappointed. The rooms were fairly large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Room service was prompt. The restaurant downstairs had very good food. Didn't get a chance to check out the spa as we were only there one night. The mall is right across the street with other food options as well if you are interested. Parking is $12/day for regular and $18/day valet.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
pgriffith, Director of Sales at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the room, and our lobby restaurant. We have totally renovated the lobby and Sam's American Bistro restaurant and comments like yours are really appreciated!

The Stamford Town Center Mall has those high end restaurants at the plaza level, and also a food court on the 7th floor with many more low cost options.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was first given a room that was right in the freeway. Asked fora better one and they made it happen however only slightly better for the noise level. The light on the wall didn't work, the food in the consierge lounge was stale (bread) and nobody was friendly!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I loved the Stamford Marriott and look forward to future visit. The people were so genuine and friendly from check in to check out and all points in between. I was greeted immediately as soon as I entered the front door. The room was immaculate and nicely appointed. Room service was prompt and very friendly, even when I made a last minute request.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Great girlfriends weekend the spa is fantastic and the massage therapist Bob is probably the best massage therapist. I have not gotten a better massage and I go all the time. The hotel staff is wonderful and the added bonus of having the transportation to take you to a restaurant in the area and pick you up is great. The food in the restaurant lounge is very good and also the breakfast they have is great. I would reccomend this to anyone that wanted to get a way for a little spa weekend or just a weekend away to enjoy good restaurants there are some really great restaurants on summer street.

Room Tip: I love getting a room close to the spa because the fragrance coming from the spa is so relaxing its...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I recently stayed here overnight on a business trip. its a nice Marriott facility with lots to do. I particularly enjoyed the fitness facility as it offered much more than most hotels I typically stay in. The decor is nice and well kept and the service is on par for a Marriott of this caliber.
I also took advantage of the concierge lounge on the 16th floor which offered a nice variety of breakfast items.
This will be my "go-to" hotel when I return to the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MrTG
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in early January in order to commute into NYC to see a Broadway show. The rooms were standard, clean Marriott rooms...however, the beds were extremely comfortable!! I also enjoyed the double shower head, rain and regular, in the bathroom.

The staff were friendly and quick to give us a free ride to the train station on the hotel shuttle.

The hotel was also very close to the mall, which was convenient when we were looking for somewhere quick to eat before catching the train. Overall, I was pleased with how quiet and comfortable this hotel was - it served us well and we would return or recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor for a quieter stay as this hotel is very close to the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I were greeted immediately by a friendly face and a lovely Irish accent. This gentleman took care of our bags while we checked in on 12/30/2011. We were expecting several people to be joining us the following night on New Year's Eve and the hotel was very accommodating to put our group together. While on our way to the room, we mentioned to the friendly Irish man who greeted us that we were here not only for New Year's, but also for my boyfriend's 50th birthday. We were very satisfied with our room - clean, large enough for us, and also had a small fridge. Even though we were directly next to the elevator, we were unable to hear it since the layout of the room placed the bathroom closest to the elevator. We went out for a walk and were delighted to see the Town Center was directly across the street. We stopped in to P.F. Chang's for a drink and then returned to the hotel room to get ready for our dinner at Morton's Steakhouse. What a wonderful surprise to walk into our room and see that there was a bottle of wine as well as a fruit, nut, and cheese plate waiting for us!! There was a handwritten note wishing us a lovely weekend and a happy birthday to my boyfriend. It turns out that that friendly Irishman that greeted us, handled our baggage and situated our room was in fact John Mac Lochlainn, operations manager at the hotel. I can't tell you how touched we were by this!!! We then were taken by shuttle to Morton's Steakhouse, where we enjoyed a memorable dinner. After dinner, we strolled around, dropping into some bars as we made our way back to the hotel. The following day we enjoyed the comforts of our room, strolled out to a local diner for some grub and then returned to the hotel bar where we watched sports while awaiting our family and friends. They all had a smooth check in and then all 17 of us went to Mitchell's Fish market for a meal. It was amazing! Great service, we had our own room free of charge and the menu had something for everyone. After dinner, it was a short stroll back to the hotel bar where we rang in the New Year. The best part of this hotel for me personally was that with the Godiva Getaway package, you get a 4pm checkout (and of course a box of chocolates AND breakfast). That's a beautiful thing after a late night of partying!! Thank you Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa for making our weekend fabulous! We will definitely be making this part of our tradition!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sheiladnyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!