“Great food varied menu so so service”
Review of SBC Restaurant Brewery - CLOSED

SBC Restaurant Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ate their today with friends and small kids
Service was so so and place was empty. Lots of servers and ours not to be found at times. Apps where good. Bang bang shrimp had only 6 shrimp. Never seen bang bang shrimp so skimpy like this on a portion.
Calamari was good but could have been crispier. Mina meals first the kids bacon pizza great, ultra thin and kids liked it, typical chicken fingers and grilled cheese. Loved that they had steamed veggies for kids and fruit cup choices. This mom loved that. Adult meals, jambalaya I was told was good and with flavor, steak tips was ordered and the size was large for an app. Portion. Enough for dinner and we took some home. Cobb salad very very good just to much dressing for me. Great home made sangria white and fruits. Would go back. They also had magician and he did balloons as well. Very kid friendly. The ipad noise bothered only me. LOL I would go back for sure.

1  Thank Golfermom28

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I started with a beer. The waiter brought out the wrong one, but took it back and corrected it with a smile.

We both ordered the downtown salad. These were large salads with mixed fresh greens and a variety of vegetables. Average to very good. Nothing spectacular.

The treat here was the calamari appetizer. It was lightly breaded and very fresh and tender.

We sat outdoors, which was nice, and in good weather the entire bar opens up to the outside.

If not for the calamari, I would have rated this average.

1  Thank pkrissel
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was with my cousins and we were pressed for time. This looked like a good place to get a quick dinner, and it was.
We were seated in a round booth which made it easy to chat. I ordered the Tavern Burger which came with a good kick. They happily traded the fries for a small salad. It more then satisfied my burger craving. Marie had a great combo, Caesar salad and half of a pizza which was also very good and exactly what she wanted. Genny and Freddy equally enjoyed their dinners; tuna steak sandwich and fish tacos. The service was good and the place was hopping. Looks like a lot of locals have already discovered it. Good luck with parking in downtown Stamford.

1  Thank CATTSAR
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We chose this restaurant because it delivered to our hotel, but we were pleased by the quality of the food. Well prepared, quite tasty and quick, friendly delivery.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Came here as it was close to my stay at the Marriott Courtyard. Food is very good and the portions are huge for what you are paying. Service a bit slow, but I wasn't in a rush. Parking available on street or in parking garages. Decor is simple. They do have a bar where you can watch sports.

1  Thank lone6star