“Underwhelming....”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Underwhelming....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Fusion shmusion...It's an Indian restaurant that has kept a specific menu for Indian food lovers (not a shocker if you know Indians ;-) ) and there were at least three tables when i arrived that had Indian patrons eating Indian dishes- which is cool- I'm just making sure that I call it as it is.

So where's the Chinese? Well there are some 'Chinese' ingredients like Lo Mein noodles peppered throughout the menu- but there is no real attempt to marry the flavours of both cuisines here....it's more about more or less spicy chili dishes- which is nice- it's just not Indian-Chinese fusion.

Feel free to read my other reviews if you want to see where I'm coming from on this.

I was further disapointed by the pleasant waitress who seemed incapable of telling me what was their specialty- I had to first tell her if I wanted fish, vegetables, chicken or lamb first....WHO CARES? Just tell me what you are famous for.....Instead I hear that the first dish listed on the chicken menu is what many people order- Really? Shocker!

At which point you start to think the whole thing is a bit of joke. So I looked for the words that repeated alot- Chili, garlic- and placed my order.

Chili garlic noodles with chicken....presented in a nice stir fry wok...tasted zippy and the flavors were there...albeit a tad greasy for my taste. For 12 bucks hard to fault.

Bathrooms acceptable but not 'really' clean. The whole sombre atmosphere makes this place more of a dinner than a lunch place....unless you like to eat in the dark.

Would I go so far as to call this a 'must see?' Not really. It's a vaguely interesting attempt at fusion that falls short though the service was pleasant (but not helpful) and the food pretty underwhelming.

Would I go back? No.

• Visited June 2012

Scarsdale, New York
“Great food interestingly prepared with a kick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

The food was spicy, the decor excellent, and well worth the half-hour trip from Westchester to go to this gem.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank David J
“Indian Chinese Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I like Indian food and I am not a great fan Chinese food but do like trying once in a while. The flavors and spice at this place are so unique and authentic. Mirch 65 is a repeat dish for sure, Duck was great. They do deliver but sometimes it takes close to an hour.

2 Thank Marks_1980
Rutland, Vermont
“WE LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Chinese fusion with a kick in a contemporary setting, that explains it in little words.
The food is well portioned, nice and spicy. Table service is pleasant and fast.
Looking forward to go back!
Try the Mirch chicken and try the noodles which are a bit spicy and sweet.... mmmm so good!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ingridH11
New Brunswick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We went with no expectations and it turned out to be a awesome experience. We enjoyed the authentic Indo Chinese fusion food after so many years. I am very impressed with the spice levels as couple of the dishes which we ordered were very spicy even for Indian Standards but very flavorful. I am happy to find out it's a small chain and they one one closer to my home in New Jersey.

• Visited January 2012