“Pull off I-95 and Get Yourself Some Great Pizza”
Review of Colony Grill

Colony Grill
Ranked #9 of 471 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Lots of things are changing in the South End of Stamford; but not at the Colony Grill. And, don't let the word "Grill" fool you - The Colony only serves pizza, pizza, pizza. Oh, yes, the beer selection is good, too.
Ambience - nah, not much, but who cares.
Oh, yes, the pizza is the super-thin variety.
60 seconds off exit 8 with off-street parking.

There are newer reviews for Colony Grill

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start of by saying the pie is great. It never fails to deliver the endless toppings. But I have to say that the service is poor. The waitresses need to learn "friendliness and a smile" they look so miserable, that it gives me an upset stomach just to look at them. Also, the seating and wait time sucks. So if you really think the pizza is good, the wait time is worth the wait. But good luck in getting a smile from those women.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was in Stamford for an event and a group of about 20 of us met for dinner. As far as I could see, the place only serves pizza. The pizza is excellent and reasonable. The service was great. Stamford has a lot of pizza establishments and I am certain this is one of the best.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

You either love it or you don't. Colony is this crust pie with a flavor all it's own! My family loves the hot oil but, I am a fan of the plain cheese! It's beloved by all. It's the first thing our out of town family wants to do when they are visiting Stamford. "Don't chip the fine china" and don't miss Colony Grill! Just of I-95 exit 8, in Stamford!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were visiting from the West Coast and you can't find thin crust, crisp crust pizza in the West. This pizza has excellent taste and the cheese and sauce goes all the way to the outside of the crust. That makes a 12" pizza an honest 12 inches.

Prices are reasonable from about $9 to $12 or so, depending on the toppings, of which there is a good selection. Only one size available, so you don't need to make any choices other than the toppings. We say people leaving with multiple pizzas on Sunday afternoon. This is a local favorite.

Definitely recommended.