“Better than New York!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Better than New York!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

...and better than New Haven! If you want thin crust pizza this is the standard bearer. I remember when I first went into the Colony 30 something years ago and "Fitz" threw paper plates at us, slammed down a pitcher of beer and ran through the 5 kinds of pizza they had. I didn't think this "dive" Irish bar could have concealed thin crust pizza that would compete with my mom's. It did then as it does now, even though the bar is much less "divvy" and they actually have a sign for the Colony on the restaurant side. I can't say I ever had anything but the pizza at the Colony or can think of a reason to order anything else.

Houston, Texas
“Great Gluten-free pizza”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Visiting our old home town and met relatives at the Colony, a bar with a long-time reputation for great pizza. We expected we would have to eat again elsewhere after, since my husband has celiac disease and can't have any gluten, even cross-contamination, and they only have pizza at the bar. Surprised to see that they had gluten-free pizza on the menu (doesn't seem like that kind of place) and GF beer. So far best GF pizza we've had anywhere. Bar is a bit nicer than we remembered, and now has a parking lot. We went again before going back to Texas. Nice surprise.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank huntejk
New York
“Excellent local family pizza option”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Fabulous tasty thin crust pizzas at a great price and relaxed informal bar environment. Highly recommend this place

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Travelsinner
Wilton, Connecticut
“They wont deliver but its worth the pickup.”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

No delivery, but call ahead and order and pick up - its worth it. Unless you like eating in a bar setting though, you may not want to dine in.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank BriMcD10
Stamford, Ct
“Best pizza anywhere!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have been coming to Colony Pizza for 50 years! I am the middle of 5 generations that have enjoyed The Colony. The pizza NEVER changes! Believe it or not it has been updated! The booths are new, new bathrooms have been installed, a big parking lot is now in the back. You can now get a coupon from Restaurant.com. it is a good value with or without the coupon!

1 Thank dms21