“Not sure whether to order again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Fiddler's Green
Ranked #235 of 463 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Not sure whether to order again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Back in the day, about 3 or so years ago, I frequented Fidd's every weekend. It was my co-worker's and I "hang out spot" on a Thursday/Friday. We would order dinner, have a couple of drinks, play darts, and play music; which back then was about $5 or so dollars for 10 songs, I believe, or maybe it was $5 for 5. It was just a great spot to chat and mingle about. The food was decent, the atmosphere, when the tournament league games (pool) were not being played, was enjoyable. But, time passed and we stopped going.

Yesterday, trying to decide what to have for lunch, I mentioned Fidd's to my colleagues and we ordered take out. I ordered a chili hot dog ($3.95) and a large order of cheese fries (about $6). The hot dog was very tiny. Much smaller than your typical hot dog. The chilly was a bit spicy. The fries and cheese were good. The order was large enough to feed three and it was a bit lukewarm as we had taken an additional 20 minutes to pick up our orders, but appetizing. My coworker, who ordered a grilled cheese was disappointed. The cheese was not even melted. Another coworker commented that it seemed she had received "two slabs of cheese between two slices of bread". As for the other two orders made, a gargonzola salad ($10.95) and a corned beef hero ($6), both these coworkers were satisfied with their orders.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty nasty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2007

Pretty nasty

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stamford, CT.
“Was Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2005

My friends Chris lives in Shippan and for his birthday he invited me and 8 other friends. For dinner, we went nearby to Fiddler's Green. I ordered the Chicken Caesar Sallad, and an order of Waffle Fries. Everything was good, but they never put enough dressing on the salad! I had to ask for more dressing about 3 times! But, it was good, the Waffle Fries were crispy and just the way I like them. I would definetly go there again if I was in the Shippan area.