“Don't Bother”

Long Ridge Tavern
Ranked #173 of 481 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Long Ridge Tavern is a unique Stamford antique shop and eatery, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch in a charming historic atmosphere.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went as a group of seven friends for Sunday brunch buffet. Although the restaurant was empty except for another large group, they sat us right next to that noisy bunch. A shame as we wanted to have conversations without having to shout over them.

Service was poor. For example, when the wait staff took my empty plate, he indicated that I should reuse my silver; no worries except that when he moved my fork to my butter plate, he moved my knife to my neighbor's plate. They never offered to get us additional drinks or refill coffee.

Food was also poor. Eggs Benedict was composed of a hard cooked egg over a raw English muffin with the hollandaise (and you'd be kind to call it that - it was more the consistently of a light salad dressing) on the side. The Maryland Crab cakes were substandard as several in my party found either shell or cartilage in them.

They offer a antiques shop on site. Beware, however, as the bulk of the items are not antiques.

Would never recommend.

1  Thank JFsB

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I rarely eat in the dining room; it's a little 'colonial' for my taste. The tavern, however, is a lovely place for an evening meal, especially in the wintertime. There's a fireplace and often a jazz band on the weekends, and the menu is basic but varied enough to have something for everyone, including a perfectly-cooked burger and decent fries.

Ira D, Owner at Long Ridge Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

A perfectly cooked burger? I'm glad you think so! Thanks for the great recommendation. It's awesome to hear that you're a fan of our food and atmosphere. Hope to see you again in the future!

All the best,
Ira, Owner

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Building is old and stinky. Tap lines are bad - beer tastes stale. Food is maybe average. No reason to go less you don't want to drive. Good music on occasion.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

There are few of the old road side taverns left. North Stamford has one of them. The Long Ridge Tavern is in no way extraordinary, but it remains a warm setting to escape home for dinner or a few drinks. The food and service are consistent. The occasional live entertainment is usually good, and not so loud as to discourage conversation. I can not give you a real good reason to go there except that it is conveniently located, and I can not thinnk of a single reason to tell you not to go there.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visit this restaurant from time to time, not for the quality of the food which is consistently average but for the cozy setting, especially on a dreary winter evening. There are usually some apples cooking on the old fashioned stove, the aroma of which permiate the air.
Don't get impatient with the service which, more often than not, is extremely sluggish. I have seen people leave the place after having waited for 45 minutes or more to get their food served. Also, steak knives and additional butter are not automatically provided and may have to be requested repeatedly.
Visit the upstairs knick knack store for some some surprising vintage finds.