“Fresh sea food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Selleck
Transit: Bus Stops at Stamford Landing on Southfield Ave
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite places for seafood in Connecticut. It is a simple but food is always tasty. Shellfish is always fresh - oysters, scallops, shrimp - you can't miss. They also have fish special. For these make sure to ask about dish details so that you know exactly what you are getting.

There are newer reviews for Crab Shell

Reviewed August 26, 2013

>>positive:
- very good place to bring your kids, they can draw on the tablecloth, the Crab Shell provides every table with some crayons.
- nice greeting at the reception
- live music
- located directly at the water
- clean toilets
- good seafood
- access to the water taxi to go to other places (its free!)
- big parking area

negative:
- it may not be the most romantic place
- not very exclusive
- loud
- the service was o.k. .. the waitress was pretty young and unmotivated (maybe we just had bad luck)
- canteen ambience

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went over to the Crab Shell by boat with my son yesterday after a day of fishing in the L.I. Sound, my 17 year old son had a tank top on and they said that there were Quote "no muscle shirts allowed" but we can purchase a T-shirt. Ok, I understand if that they may have this policy on weekends when its more of a club atmosphere for so called Muscle heads , but there were two people in the whole outside area and the place was dead. It was after the lunch crowd and before the dinner and after work crowd. It was a son and his father not a group of gang bangers. To be perfectly fair, the shirt only cost $5 so no biggie at all and i probably would not even mention it but I was so unhappy with the service. I ordered 6 oysters on the half shell to start and they came out and were great, so good that i wanted another 6 before my wings came out. I looked over in a distance and saw two waitresses and the outside bartender all reading books. I waited another 10-15 minutes and finally walked over to my waitress who was sitting down reading and asked her for another 6 oysters. Of course my wings came out and I waited for my oysters while my waitress continued to read her book. She finally got up and went to the kitchen to get my oysters. I was not thrilled with the slow and unattentive service of the staff especially due to the fact that the place was a ghost town, the staff should have been on top of us but no joke they were all reading books...at least two waitresses and a bartender was. What would happen if the place was busy?????

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Crab Shell has live bands outside on summer weekend nights. I believe Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun.

They start early about 7:30 and finish early -by midnite. Call to confirm times.

They have great bands and it is fun to have a couple drinks and dance outside to the nice breezes coming off the ocean. There is also a 'launch' that will take you for free across the water to the 'Beer Garden' which is a fun thing to do.
They have bar snacks outside - like clam chowder- and regular meals inside.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Others have noted the hopping outdoor bar scene, a real mob scene summer weekends. Enjoy it, but don't eat here.
We've been coming here for more than a decade and used to really enjoy the place. Returning tonight after 3-4 years we are reminded why we left: overpriced food, slow and in attentive service.

Stamford boasts many newer, nicer and much better restaurants. This place seems propped up by its bar, not its food.