“Eh...”

Mr. Frosty's
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Eh...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

About a 10 minute drive away from downtown Stamford and located in the South End, you will find a green gazebo named Mr. Frosty's. Like most burger places, they serve french fries, salads, burgers, sodas, milkshakes, and hot dogs. Prices are very economical, too. They do not have their own private parking, therefore, you will have to park where available.

On a sunny Tuesday, my co-worker and I decided to eat at Mr. Frosty's. I ordered a cheese burger w/lettuce, tomato, mayo, and onion and a Snapple Mango Madness. The cost was almost $7. My co-worker ordered the same cheeseburger, except hers had pickles, instead of onions. She also had garlic french fries and a diet soda. Her cost was $9 and some change. The turnaround time for these was 15 minutes, so they really should be a bit faster, if they can be.

The burger was a bit on the small side and medium rare. It was not bad in taste, yet not spectacular. The garlic french fries had bits of noticeable garlic, yet overly greasy, and needed a bit more salt.

The location of this restaurant is alright. It is surrounded by condo complexes, which does not allow for great viewing, but has a nice waterfall near to its outside seating area, which by the way, is scarce. I am hoping that since it has the condos near to it, that it will not allow for accidental stepping on dog feces when you go to eat at Mr. Frosty's.

For seating, there are only about 5 tables available for your seating pleasure. Being situated outside, this particular establishment has not put in place any smoking regulations, thus, we had the unfortunate pleasure of being seated, enjoying our food, and in conversation, and seeing 2 men who came to order, both light up cigarettes, and smoke. It would behoove this restaurant, especially since it is outdoors, serving burgers, shakes, and fries, that it not allow smoking next to patrons that are eating. I want to enjoy my food, not inhale cigarette smoke. Will probably be back to try out the shakes, but will not eat there if smoking is allowed in the eating area.

Btw, a week after my first visit, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich which lacked seasoning. It was 'so' bland. At least the regular fries had a bit more salt to them. Cost was around $8.

Hours: M-Th 8:30 - 10 p.m., Fri/Sat 8:30 - 11:00 p.m., Sun 11 - 10 p.m. Credit cards are accepted.

• Visited May 2013