“the food is ok - just lacks respects to their employees”
Review of Mario The Baker

Mario The Baker
Ranked #55 of 476 Restaurants in Stamford
Reviewed August 23, 2013

rating 1 star ...

not because of food but of the girlfriend of the owner is the most unprofessional person I have seen in a long time!!! Having employee business conversations - which should have been done in an office rather than while patrons dining & unfortunately for me -- I was sitting right next to them . She had a very condescending tone ---. REALLY NOW!!!! The sad thing -- this waitress was being drilled in front of a group & patrons. It was so disgusting --- which made me think ...if they have so little respect for their employees -- this is a place I do not want to support.!! Mario's lost me as a customer ...
So .... If you would like to review things with your employees ...please do but in a private settling & not with patrons around or have other employees sitting with you while drilling / questioning another employee making all uncomfortable, I would say more but then I would be just as bad as she was!!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a local place we visit about once a month. I have tried the pizza which is good, but my favorite is the eggplant parmigiano. It is by far the best I have tasted. It is not breaded so it is not heavy, but their sauce and cheese make it delicious. My husband usually gets the chicken parmigiano. Entrees come with bread and salad. You get the drinks from the cooler on your own and they only accept cash tips.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I can only review the pizza- terrific. Nice thin crust, expertly prepared. We usually order take-out, but eating is is fine too.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

It's hard to compete when there are good pizza joints on every other corner, but Mario's has been around for years and there is a reason :) They have great food! I've grown up eating there and now that I live out of state I make it a point to eat there every time I get back to town.

If you like great Italian food and or pizza, definitely check them out. You will not be disappointed!!! Coming from an Italian and food lover in general. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great pizza selections, pasta and other Italian Dishes ... good cheerful service and family owned atmosphere ...