“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”

Cotto Winebar & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotto Winebar & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 471 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: from Main street to Atlantic street
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Enjoyed a lovely lunch with co-workers one afternoon in March. Great atmosphere, excellent food, and very attentive staff. Will definitely return - this time for a romantic dinner.

2  Thank Marielle S
There are newer reviews for Cotto Winebar & Pizzeria

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great service, wonderful food, fabulous chocolate desert, intimate space, unusual choices, owners and management really care!

1  Thank Phil S
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The table shared the chicken Milanese, gnocchi, goat cheese & beets, and the caprese salad. I didn't love the goat cheese & beets or the chicken. The gnocchi & caprese salad were delicious. The red sangria was tasty. The tiramisu didn't have any coffee flavor. The cake wasnt soaked.

1  Thank Autumn M
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We called to say that we would be a few minutes late for our reservation as we didn't want them to give away our table. However, we ended up waiting half an hour in the very small vestibule being jostled by wait staff and customers. The hostess was smart in offering us beverages of our choice on the house. This pacified the annoyed part of our party. Once we were seated we were tended to very well and sometimes almost too well. The food was delicious: most memorable the tuna tartare and the Brick Oven Roasted Organic Chicken. We were disappointed in the Arancini (cold and lacked seasoning) and the bread pudding was just okay. Everyone raved about their appetizers, entrees and desserts with these exceptions. We probably will not return as it was way too noisy and the tables were on top of each other. Perhaps we will do take out.

1  Thank SusB962
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The night did not start out as expected when dining at Cotto. I made reservations way in advance for a family birthday get together (party of 6). We had to wait 10-15 minutes for our table, which was fine but when we came in, there was NO ONE even at it, so they waited around to actually set the table. Anyways, another negative aspect at the beginning of the night was the cranberry gun was not working, when several of our party goers wanted cranberry and vodkas; the wine I ordered was also sold out. The waiter did mention it was one of their most popular wines (The "Seeker") - but still I was rather disappointed. The ambience was entertaining and the deco enjoyable. Even though we had a nice table, I loved how couples could sit at the bar as well. You could have a really nice intimate dinner here. On to the food, it was outstanding. We ordered several appetizers, the clams, fried zucchini and eggplant, and the beets - the fried zucchini and eggplant was lightly battered and the beet salad was good. Everyone seems to really enjoy it all. For my entrée I ordered a salad with asparagus as a topping (extra) and a side of grilled polenta which was probably the best polenta I have ever had. The salad was fresh, but overall just average in taste. Since we did have a birthday girl, we received a complimentary chocolate cake. They were very nice and put on a happy birthday song over the loud speakers (compared to singing). I thought it was very modern compared to typically singing (which a lot of places don't even do that now). The service overall was OK. It took forever to actually put a order in for our meal, I think they were under staffed. We observed like 3 people taking over every table when the entire restaurant was packed (on a Saturday night). The waiter also forgot about my polenta so I had to remind him. Overall I would go back here again, without a doubt. Especially to try the wine that was sold out and to have the polenta. YUM!

2  Thank Lindsay H