“Don't the value of a repeat customer”

Cotto Winebar & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotto Winebar & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 464 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: from Main street to Atlantic street
Greenwich, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't the value of a repeat customer”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a few times, primarily because they have a good wine menu. After being repeat customer and spending molto dollars here, we were handled with the appropriate care and consideration. I went with my husband and son. Upon the recommendation of the waiter, I ordered the ravioli special which was spinach and ricotta ravioli with four cheeses. Our plates arrived and I bit into three of the ravioli and although the cheese sauce was hot, the inside of all three ravioli that I tasted were ice cold. Obviously, the ravioli was frozen and not homemade as they claimed. My plate was taken away with an apology. By the time a new plate was returned, it had fewer ravioli, the cheese sauce was thicker and my husband and son had already completed their dinner. I understand that things happen but the dish was not comped nor was even one glass of the four glasses of wine we ordered comped. After the repeat business we have given this restaurant, I was shocked that there was no attempt at some compensation. We will never return. These people don't know the value of repeat customers.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FrequentRestaurant

Sydney, Australia
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

had one of the worst meal I can imagine at this place recently. I was in Stamford on business and decided to give this place a go given the ratings here.
Firstly I was seated at the bar - which is fine as I was eating on my own, Took forever to get asked if I want a drink or for someone to take my order - it was like I was invisible.
For a starter I ordered from the 'Italian tapas' menu - Beef Calzone (empanadas) - three small empanadas arrived and when I bit into the first one it was stone cold in the middle - I looked at the meat and it was pink - not cooked. Foul!! I sent it back but again they were still not hot in the middle - I just sent it away and asked for the main (pizza). Poor that they don't even make them fresh - and that if they are frozen they do not know how to cook them.
The pizza was OK - but the taste of the raw meat had ruined my dinner.
I asked for the bill and got out of there...they still charged me for the starter...nice!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank LassiComeHome
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good food, good service very friendly manager, best ambiance. Reminds of a small place in Italy. Very good. I remember a manager perhaps Angelo, he definitely sold it for us. Keep him around and you'll get business!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Riccardo G
Stamford, Connecticut
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and i were coming home from errands.It was what I call the "bad time" of eating. When its about 9:30 and most restaurants in the area(even the bars and pubs) kitchen closes at 10pm. No clue why it just the way it is in Stamford. this is my 2nd time here. We knew it was there but we were looking at the menu in their window. They welcomed us inside. I love the nice European atmosphere and the quirky 80s music the bartender likes to play. The service was excellent and the staff attentive.
We had the mozzarella appetizer, it was enough for 2 of us to share. The menu had some Italian tapas, pizza and pasta, nice selection. I had the spaghetti carbonara , My husband had pasta with wild boar and broccoli rabe . The portions were huge. We were too full for dessert. If you like wine they have a nice sized wine list. Everything was delicious.

First time we were here we had Sunday brunch with an Italian flare, again service was excellent, if other brunch places get crowded then try this one.

I would recommend this also for a romantic date. I wanted to review this hidden gem, there are other restaurants which are more well known. But if you wanted something different less crowded then come here.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank ErisShaw
Connecticut
“Fair at best”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wanted to like this place ! Thought everything we ordered was just " OK" and I would not bother to go back with so many other options in Stamford.

• Visited September 2013