“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolce - CLOSED

Dolce
Cuisines: Italian, American, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Danbury, Connecticut
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Get a harborside view in the shade, order sangria, sit back and enjoy the day. Great food, service, scenery. Best overall experience we'v had in the area in som eitme.

CT
“Friendly relaxed dining but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Service is friendly and attentive, but food quality has not caught up with their prices. Location and setting are good and the restaurant has promise. Being down the prices or work harder to make the food special. The drinks are a bit watered down as well. I may give this one another try. It has I hope promise.

Brookfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need more than a great location...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a visually pretty spot. The service was shameful. We ordered very SIMPLE items with requests for salad dressing on the side and the salads came "dressed " and two different dressings on the side(?) We ordered cuban fries and told that there would be an additional charge for the change in type of fries that came with our meals. They never arrived...Surrounding guests were repeatedly asking for attention with their orders..What a disappointment. The food was decent in presentation and portion size...not exceptional in anyway. This busy "hip" spot draws most of its crowd based on location...and thats unfortunate because the potential for "great" would be served by better staff in the kitchen and on the floor

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible-- stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were told by the manager (on a Sunday at Noon -- the place was pretty empty) that we were not welcome because this is not a kid friendly place. He said that the place was a "rum bar, not a family friendly restaurant". He said that we needed to leave my 2-month baby's stroller outside in case we wanted to enter the place. Then, I told him that this was not reasonable because I would not be able to eat while holding my baby. He said once again that the stroller had to be left outside. In addition, he said that they do not even have high tables at the restaurant-I was not looking for high takes as my baby obviously cannot hold his head.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Nic P
New York City, New York
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I heard Cubano was a hot spot so decided to try it out. The outdoor bar along the dock has a nice ambiance, but indoor seating is very crowded and noisy. It was very crowded at 5:00pm on a Saturday and required 30 minutes wait to get a table, but looked much much more crowded an hour or so later. We tried several small plates and they ranged from very good (lobster guacamole), to not so good (goat cheese cakes that were cold). My pork empanadas were overfried and the temperature was very very very hot (probably sat in a fryer for several minutes). The drinks were average in quality - a lot of mixer and not much booze. Service was not so great either - seemed like the servers were overwelmed by the capacity crowd. Overall, I thought the view was nice but the surrounding neighborhood isn't an ideal location. I probably won't go back as there are many other restaurant choices that serve better food.

• Visited June 2013