“Not as good as the Original”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue

Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 465 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston
“Not as good as the Original”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This one does not have the quality , size portions or ambiance of the Syracuse one.

Not terrible but if you have been to the Upstate ones you will be disapointed

• Visited September 2013

Connecticut
“Now I only have to travel 70 miles to get great 'cue”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I usually visit the Albany, NY area in late June for a music festival. On the way home we have sometimes stopped at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Troy, NY after the Sunday afternoon concert. A forecast of rain, humidity and heat kept us home this year, however, and I missed my summertime fix of Texas brisket. Fortunately, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que opened a location in Stamford this year -- and that means I only have to travel 70 miles for great 'cue instead of 125.

Stamford has done much to uplift and enliven the neighborhoods just south of the Metro North tracks recently. Ten years ago this was a place I probably would not have gone after dark, but the decaying industrial landscape located has been transformed into a lively retail and entertainment center. Previously, the building was a factory of the Yale Lock Company, and outside, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que still retains much of the gritty factory edifice. Inside, though, it's how a Texas roadhouse plays in the mind of a suburb boy who has never set foot in the Lone Star State -- loud, coarse, and rough around the edges. Even the men's room graffiti looks like it was penned 20 years ago.

The wait was about 30 minutes when we arrived on a Thursday night around 7:30. There are only four dinner entrees on the menu: slow-cooked brisket, ribs, chicken, or a combination of the previous three. The meats are cooked with a dry rub and you add barbecue sauce to taste from the bottle conveniently left on the table with the salt and pepper shakers. I opted for the quarter chicken and brisket combo. My wife picked a half spit roasted chicken. I started my meal with three creole-style deviled eggs, sitting purty on a bed of shredded romaine. It's a bronco ride for the tongue with lots of cayenne mixed in the mashed yolk. My wife picked the honey barbecue wings to kick off the meal. We shared a slice of apple crumb pie with ice cream for dessert. The check came to about $50 including the tip.

I first learned about Dinosaur Bar-B-Que when my daughter's boyfriend gave me a bottle of their signature sauce. It soon became my go-to seasoning to liven up cuts of chicken and beef. After one taste, we knew we had to go to the restaurant. We bring home bottles of sauce whenever we visit -- 4 bottles hopefully hold us over until we can get back here again -- so we can have a fix on broiled chicken, burgers or steak when necessary.

• Visited July 2013
Wilton, Connecticut
“Friendly Staff - Great Food - Fun Place”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived here after waiting over two hours for another restaurant, and finally giving up. This place was terrific. They heard our story of woe and went out of their way to accommodate us. There was a live band playing that was really entertaining, and our server was exceptional.

The food is great, and the portions are generous. Fried green tomato appetizer was delicious. Pulled pork awesome, and ribs to die for. No complaints whatsoever!

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Get ready to Eat”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

ALL the meats are amazingly delicious. All so flavorful. But the sides leave a lot to be desired. ALL the sides are over flavored or sauced. Could barely eat any because they had too much flavor. Probably would just order meat and plain mashed potato's next time.

• Visited August 2013
Connecticut
“Worth the trip!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

It was a bit of a drive to try this restaurant but turns out it was worth the trip. Big parking lot which is great considering the place was full. The atmosphere is great from the minute you step out of the car. We had been told it would be a 40 minute wait but received a text after about 20 minutes. Our server was great asking if we had been there and since it was our first time she explained it all. I wish I remembered her name because she was a really good server. We had the sampler for a appetizer and the Dino Poutine. The fried green tomatoes were my favorite. First place I have seen deviled eggs on the menu and they had a kick to them. I had the chopped brisket melt with two sides. The melt was very good and the brisket was perfectly cooked. The chili had a kick to it. The broccoli - carrot salad was a favorite of mine. The atmosphere inside just what you would expect. I liked that the employees had no uniform, shows more of their personality. We will be returning.

• Visited August 2013