“A Great Addition to Stamford”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue

Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 464 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stamford, Connecticut
“A Great Addition to Stamford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have been two times to Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue and both times was pleasantly surprised. The first time I celebrated my wedding anniversary with my wife and we had the ribs platter. Service was outstanding and food delicious. In addition, the restaurant offers great beer and cocktails. The more recent time we went there with my wife and my sons. I had chicken wings and they were the best chicken wings as they seemed BBQed instead of fried. The kid's menu was also outstanding. I tried Syracuse Pale ale and it was a good addition to the wings. We had to wait for a table but there is a lounge near the bar and it was well worth it.

1 Thank didiooo

Stamford
“Not impressed. Will not be returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our friends recommended meeting here for dinner on a Saturday evening, not long after Dinosaur B-B-Q had opened. A reservation was made, but upon arrival, there was no record of it. They managed to find us a table, but were not particularly apologetic or welcoming.

We ordered drinks which was harder than it should have been. My husband asked what the seasonal ale was on tap - waiter went away but when he returned, he hadn't found out. My coke was ordered specifically without ice, but came with ice.

Food - very disappointing. My chicken had to go back to the kitchen as it was not thoroughly cooked. The pulled pork was warm at best, as were the fries. All served on plastic plates - yuck! Both my husband and I had stomach ache for the remainder of the evening/night and still didn't feel well the following day.

Another thing I didn't like was that the waiting staff are all dressed in their own clothes - absolutely no uniform so difficult to tell who was working and who was an unfortunate diner at the restaurant.

As our friends had recommended this place, I didn't want to make a fuss there and then, but will not be returning ever again.

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Take out Order Team”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

The take out order for dinosaur bbq is fantastic. They have a dedicated team that works on taking order and packing orders to go. The team is fantastic and considering they have only been open a few weeks....order was perfect, nothing was missed. Each item was packed perfectly, spill proof (very important for the beans). The food was outstanding, looking forward to dining in soon.

1 Thank HFEmilie
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great ribs. Teething service problems.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was there for Friday lunch. They just opened this location. Tried their chicken wings to start with. They were very good. Perfectly done.
Next tried there combination platter with the brisket, ribs and sausage. Of the three I liked their ribs the most. The sausage was ok at best when compared to europe. The brisket was good but lacked in taste in my opinion. The ribs were perfect. A bit on the dry side, but thats how they should be.
The only negative was their service. Maybe because its a new location. Firstly they sent my appetizer and main course together. Not sure what they were thinking. So they took it back and served me once i was done with the wings. Then the kitchen forgot my corn bread with the main course. Didnt get it even after reminding the server. The cole slaw and fries were ok. Nothing special.
So service was a bit disappointing. Good collection of local and craft beers. Food was ok. Hopefully both will improve over time.