“Good BBQ, but with problems.”
Review of Bar BQ

Bar BQ
Ranked #99 of 473 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We consider barbecue to be an art form – a form of true pleasure. At Bar-BQ, the pig is sacred, the beer is cold, the music is up, and the joint is rockin'. Located in downtown Stamford, and hidden in plain sight, Bar-BQ's bi-level restaurant and expansive bar is an unexpected find. Bar-BQ is a barbecue melting pot of sorts – Nashville meets Kansas City, with a whole lot of mid-west hospitality and a touch of New Orleans soul. Utilizing wide plank wood from floor to ceiling, a cowhide clad wall, and photos of our bountiful farmland and the people that keep us moving forward, the space nourishes the American spirit. Pit-smoked barbecue, Southern favorites and down home cooking is in the form of appetizers and tasting plates, for noshing, sharing, or to build your perfect meal. The menu is complimented with creative southern cocktails, thirst quenching craft beers, including 26 on draft, a Live DJ and the best damn bartenders East of the Mississippi!
Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was my second time at this restaurant. On a Sunday lunch, it was almost empty: it's location between Main and a parking garage it's not helping, I guess.
The decor is quite standard BBQ joint. The food. Good Baby Back Ribs, Bad Pulled Pork (dry and old), tasteless Cole slow, so-so beans, acceptable fries.
Service fair.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The potatoe pig skins are to die for! Make sure to include them in your meal. Great food, wonderful service!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I heard the song playing when I passed by today and may be that was a sign to eat there today, and I did. Service is ok but the server was very friendly. The food is good. If you are into sharing, there are lots to choose from on the menu. We like the fried green tomatoes, wings, sweet potato crumble, ribs (any kind but we did get the sticky ones), Louisiana dirt rice, brisket plus plus. I do agree with another reviewer that there are not enough chicken options. I've only been here for lunch. Oh, the entrance is facing the public indoor parking lot. However, you can go through Black Bear on Main street and go inside. Relax and enjoy!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Barbeque is average though I felt the ribs were drowning in sauce. Not enough chicken options. But my daughter had a burger and loved it! Chicken and waffles were good too and I liked the small plate menu options which give diners the opportunity to try several different things. Not sure about cleanliness though. Menus were sticky (hate this) as was the table. This is a good place to go have a few beers with friends.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Couldn't even get into the place. Had a fence around it that kept people out. Not very user friendly.

Been to Bar BQ? Share your experiences!