“Very rude delivery person and horrible service”
Review of Open Rice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Open Rice
Ranked #211 of 471 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I ordered food and was told it would take 45 minutes. We called 5 times and each time was told it was on its way. After 90 minutes, we were told that the food would be free. Over 2 hours later, the driver showed up and started yelling at us telling us that they are too busy and would give a 50% discount. When we said that was unacceptable, the woman delivery driver again yelled at us and told us that we couldn't have the food and left. We called the restaurant back and they said the first driver just "left" and couldn't be found. DON'T GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!! WHO TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE THAT??? We have gone there since they opened and they were always slow, but to treat anybody like they did is completely unacceptable.

There are newer reviews for Open Rice

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've waited for so long! Delicious sushi, sashimi and rolls. Their fish is very fresh. I've never tried the hot food. I love the salad dressing and buy a container to bring home. After trying and eating bad, tasteless sushi in Stamford, I'm happy that Open Rice came along!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Local, small, take out or delivery for me. Wouldn't think of eating here if I was venturing out, but good enough for that Sunday Night NY Chinese food hankering...Scallion Pancakes are soggy, but basic staples are are all ok, good enough. Ventured on the Japanese side of the menu. Lunch Bento's are a decent deal. Chicken and Shrimp are decent. What is good about Open Rice is you have the Japanese and Chinese options so its a one stop with a large menu for those who don't want one or the other. Delivery is fast, at least for me as I am close. I always get the '30-45 minutes' but they usually are much faster than that. Depending on who answers the phone you may need a little patience if you are placing an order that has any bit of customization to it, particularly sushi rolls so make sure you have them repeat your order back .

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Open rice is a small restaurant with small flavors. The staff is nice but I would suggest going to pearl east where the food is much better and the restaurant is much bigger

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Unfortunately, that's the best thing I can say about this meal.
I had hibachi steak and shrimp. Asked fore steak medium rare. It was brown throughout and dry. The shrimp was fishy, not fresh. Fried rice had no seasoning. The vegetables with the steak and shrimp was primarily onions. I counted 2 tiny springs of brocolli and about 3 chunks of zucchini.
Shrimp Rangoon was undercooked.

They fixed up the place nicely since it became OpenRice - perhaps a bit too nice considering the less than appealing food. Very disappointing. $30 for one main dish, app, and a Coke.

Also -eats just say I had some mike stomach disturbances a few hours after eating here. Never again.
Can somebody PLEASE open a delicious Asian restaurant in Stamford?