“Great atmosphere, great food, great service.. great time”
Review of Harlan Social

Harlan Social
Reserve with OpenTable
Harlan Social is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 473 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canal Street
Transit: By train: Stamford Metro-North By bus: CT Transit stop at Market & Canal Street
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We loved this place. While waiting for our table we enjoyed drinks the the chic bar. Then we were seated at a comfortable table. The menu was varied and sophisticated. The mozzarella spaghetti was terrific as were the chicken wing appetizers. The short ribs, gulf shrimp and burger were all very very good, as was the macaroni and cheese side. The warm doughnut dessert was just okay. The overall cost for 3 with drinks was about $75 per person - and well worth it. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank YandB_LabLover

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Recently attended a business function for dinner at Harlan Social. Our group was too large for the space, but good times were had, never-the-less.
Excellent service, and for a very active group, that had to have been a challenge.
Thoroughly enjoyed the shrimp in sweet potato purée appetizer, salmon entree and candy bar dessert (a must try for sweet lovers!)
Hope to return in a smaller group to better enjoy the surroundings.

1  Thank DBW0411
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stopped here for a few bites. Tried the tempura shrimp. It was tasty, but the batter was heavy, greasy and not what I would call tempura. Plus, it was piled on top of a bed of greens, which I presume was meant to keep the dressing below from wetting the batter, but I don't like hot, fried foods resting on greens. Portion size was adequate.

Also, we tried the perogies. All dough, no filling and way too greasy. It was heavy, and fell flat.

Last was the burrata and tomato. It was silky and good. Unfortunately, we had to ask for bread. Who serves a plate of tomato and cheese drizzled with uber amounts of oil and vinegar and then doesn't serve it with bread? All in all, the menu read better than the execution.

Ambiance and service was excellent. Kinda pricey overall.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We were 8 people for a Saturday night dinner. From appetizers to desert, everything was top notch. I had the Porkchop entree which was properly prepared and tasty. Not the very best porkchop I've every had but very good. The appetizers were outstanding and the deserts were killer.
Noise levels did get so high once the restaraunt was full that we could no longer hear each other talk, so some noise attenuation would be welcome.
Very nice atmosphere and the service was great, our server was a professional. A well run establishment to be sure. I recommend a visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed September 14, 2013

4 of us met here for drinks in August and were treated wonderfully as always. The cheese plate is my favorite and the wine is always great. I have only eaten dinner here once and it was good but the bar scene and food is really what impresses me. The spacing and noise is always energetic but not too much and the service is just perfect. I highly recommend this location for work dinners and drinks after.