“Worst of the Plan B franchise...by far”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Plan B Burger Bar

Plan B Burger Bar
Ranked #18 of 464 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Worst of the Plan B franchise...by far”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

What's good about this restaurant? The location. That's it. Easy to get in and out from Rt 95 if popping in and out of the city for a bite, good if you're downtown. I've been to three of the other Plan B's in CT (West Hartford, Milford and Glastonbury - all lived up to a high standard for the Plan B experience. Stamford failed spectacularly. My father in law's burger was far undercooked. My mother in law's was the wrong order, although the waiter was very apologetic. I had the Shepherd's Pie, which was great in West Hartford, but this one was almost all potatoes and had some sort of crunchy item which I think we determined most likely resembled a mushroom. My wife's burger bun was stale and a bit hard. I hope they can use this as constructive criticism for this new branch, because they're doing a disservice to the franchise with what they served us. Disappointed indeed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank KidRip

Bethel, Connecticut
“High prices for OK burgers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had 2 burgers and 2 beers for a total of $47 including tip. I do not mind paying higher prices but I expect the burgers to be above average if I am paying above average prices.

The burgers are OK, but for the prices they charge I was expecting much better. Shake Shack and Five Guys have better burgers for half the price. The fries are nothing special, they could have come from any fast food place. Again, for the prices they charge I was expecting better than average fries.

The atmosphere is very nice and they have a great beer, and bourbon selection. I might go back just to have a few beers. I would go back if someone else pays for it, otherwise I am not willing to pay high prices for average food.

• Visited November 2012
stamford, ct
“Loud burger place with high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This new place at the stamford town center has an ok menu for a burger place, and includes a veggie burger and a salmon burger among other more conventional varieties, but everything is a la carte and sides are not inexpensive and they are not large portions either. There is a young vibe and most people were drinking beer, which probably accounted for the ear numbing din.the server we had seemed confused and disinterested, and made mistakes. There was great difficulty getting water for the table. All in all, I'm hoping that the excitement for this place dims a little so that the noise levels will go down.. But unless the staff cares a little more about the customers I don't think that it is worth the money.

Darien, Connecticut, United States
“Possibly My New Favorite Stamford Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I usually have one of three reactions when I look at the menu in a restaurant--(1) I am befuddled because there is nothing that sounds appetizing, (2) I am befuddled because there are so many things I would like to order or (3) I do not expect to be back for awhile because there are only one or two things that sound appetizing. Plan B Burger was definitely in category (2). I wanted to order almost everything! The food we did order did not disappoint. I can see myself going back here regularly. The concept of the restaurant is great--Plan B stands for Burgers, Beer and Bourbon (they have an amazing number of beers on draft and an amazing bourbon list). Also a very fun decor with many booths.

Here was our experience:
--we were seated promptly (having been asked if we minded sitting in the bar area)
--we were assured that if the breeze from an open door was too cold, it would be closed.
--our waiter (Lester) was wonderful--a big smile, a cheery disposition and endless patience
--Lester brought soda refills without being asked and even before we had finished the last few sips.
--The restaurant had a wonderful buzz (and it was just a Tuesday night)
--The disco fries were a delicious dish to nibble on while we decided on our meal--thin crispy french fries covered in cheese and gravy--yum
--The "green fries" were surprisingly delicious and healthy--green beans flash fried (no coating or batter) and immediately salted and served--really yum
--I had the chili, which was wonderfully meaty and nicely spicy. When I asked for jalapenos, I received a dish of fresh chopped peppers.
--The burger was big and delicious. I particularly like the healthy alternatives--burgers can be ordered with a salad instead of fries and a burger can even be ordered "in the grass", meaning it is served on a bed of iceberg without the bun
--The person in are party is a discerning salmon fan and said the salmon "big plate" was very good.
--Prices were reasonable (not cheap, but not expensive)

All in all, not a single complaint. I can't wait to go back and try more things on the menu.

1 Thank pmichalski
New York
“What a disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Utterly awful.
Midweek - Thursday night. Arrived without a reservation but were seated immediately.
Then waited 15 minutes for a server.Another 25 monutes for drinks, and then another 50 minutes for the food to arrive, and what a disappointment. Overdone powdery crumbling burger, incinerated chicken tenders and surly slow slow slow service. Embarrassed manager took 50% off. He was a busy man, comping all the tables around us too. Don't waste your time here. Head down to Burgers, Shakes and Fries in Darien for a gourmet burger.
Avoid this place like the plague

1 Thank Travelsinner