“Stamford Business”

Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very nice clean rooms, very accommodating staff and quality restaurant on site. Parking was very convenient in an adjacent parking garage. I think most patrons would appreciate a little better effort in cleaning maintenance in the garage.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Thank Craig E. B
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed in the parking garage and we will be taking your idea into consideration at our next meeting. Thank you for your business and for your nice review.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is one of the last hotels where one can call the hotel directly and speak to someone about making a reservation. The staff actually wants to make your stay the best it can be. Great lobby and public areas. The newly reconstructed Italian restaurant and bar are a hit.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you had an efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Stamford for one night on a business layover and was very pleased, until I wanted to have a seat. Don't get me wrong, the room and bathroom were very clean, bed was clean and very comfortable and the room was big enough and very quiet. But when I went to sit at the desk, there it was, this huge whitish stain on the armchair. Right smack dab in the middle....between the legs.
Needless to say, this completely skeeved me out, so I had to sit and work (uncomfortably) on the bed all night. I was very tired and the armchair looked so comfortable but I just couldn't bring myself to sit on it, not knowing the origin of that stain.
I should've just called the front desk and switched rooms - I'm sure not all of their rooms and all of their furniture have that problem - but, I was exhausted and needed to prepare for the next morning and just go to bed, so I stayed there.
I actually like Hampton Inns and I sought this one; I am not bad-mouthing them. I just think hotel chains should have an occasional inspection of the housekeeping staff's work and follow up so that these random things don't happen and if they do, resolve it before the next guest checks in.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned with the chair are being broughtt to the attention of our housekeeping department for further review. We are happy to read you will be staying with us again and look forward to giving you a much better experience. Thank you.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable. Would recommend. The parking was free. Walking distance to downtown Stamford in nice weather. The room had windows that opened.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I arrived late at this location and it was still in the 30's outside. I walked into the hotel and it was about 80 degrees at close to midnight. The hotel was secure and you had to use a phone to get in or walk in with another guest(which I did). The room was just as hot. I tried to turn the air conditioning on, but it would not go below 74 degrees and actually seemed to be heating the room when operating. Fortunately the windows opened, so I turned the HVAC off and opened a window 4 inches. I was able to sleep once the room came down to normal temperature. I never turned the HVAC back on. When I walked out of the room into the hall it was like hitting the desert in May or June. I was sweating by the time I took the elevator to the first floor. The first floor was even hotter. Both the main front double doors were propped open. The French doors to the patio were also propped open. It was too hot to even sit and eat breakfast in the dining area. I took some eggs, sausage and juice and bolted them down in a couple minutes and went outside to cool off. I can't tell you what the problem was. There was no one at the front desk to ask when I departed and the two food attendants were talking to each other.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the rooms have windows, but if you are on a lower level they open, so if you...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our hotel and apologize you found our temperature uncomfortable. We have shared your comments with our maintenance and facilities teams and will correct the issue for future guests. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. Thank you

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My mom, my friend, her mom, and myself stayed here for one night... because we were going to "Live! With Kelly and Michael" very early in the morning, and planned on taking the Stamford train to NYC. We had talked on the phone with the hotel prior to booking our room. Our prime question was that we wanted a shuttle to and from the train station... which they said that they have. We told them our plan to go to NYC very early in the morning, and they said that was fine... so we booked a room with 2 queen beds, non-smoking.

When we arrived to the hotel they gave us the key to our room. We confirmed that there would be a shuttle for us to take to the train station, and then they told us that it doesn't come until 7am. They never told us this on the phone, we had to be in the city for 6:15am, so that was extremely inconvenient. We then made sure that we could at least get a ride back to the hotel, from the train station when we came back, and they said that we could.

When we walked in our room, it wreaked of smoke. We immediately walked out of the room and went back to the front desk. They then told us that there were no more double queen bed rooms available, and the only room that they had available for us was a king suite. We were 4 adults. There is no way we could share a king sized bed. So my friend and I slept on cots, and our moms shared the bed. The cots were extremely uncomfortable, the most uncomfortable I have ever been on (literally springs covered with thin cloth). This was very upsetting, because this was not our fault. I slept for maybe 2 hours, because the bed was so uncomfortable. We booked a month in advance... so it was not like we did this last minute. We had a plan... and it all got messed up because of their bad communication.

So we take a cab to the train station, and go about our day in NYC. When we were taking the train back, we called the hotel to confirm that the shuttle would be picking us up. They then told us that there is only a shuttle coming at 5pm. We arrived at the train station at noon. So again, we had to pay for a cab. This would have been good to know when we were booking the hotel... because we wouldn't have booked the room there.

They did give us $50 off the room, and an iHop & Shell gift card, but how do you split that among 4 people? Very annoying!

The rooms were OK. This experience was not good. Staff was respectable, but could have been more understanding, accommodating, and have better communication with their guests.

The most frustrating part is that if their shuttle only has one drop-off time, and one pick-up time... why wouldn't they make that clear when someone is asking about your shuttle? We weren't just assuming, we asked about it and told them our plans... and they said they could do that for us.

Another thing... every 2 seconds they were asking you to join some rewards club! Even when we were calling about the shuttles.

Room Tip: Book a non-smoking room... you still might get a smoking one though hahaha
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion with our shuttle service and unpleasant odor in your guestroom during your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and hospitality. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Seemed nice and clean. 3rd night found a bedbug, switched rooms, was promised a refund. Everyone was very apologetic. Now, many weeks later, no one knows anything about that bedbug. what bedbug? who? when? next time, will get a photo of the bedbug, the manager, and the managers name tag.
nighty night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your guest room assignment and that cleanliness conditions were an issue. We're working with our staff to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. It's our goal to ensure guests are comfortable and taken care of and your feedback will certainly help us as we continue to improve.